𝐓𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Time slowly passes, and life seems to get better. You get closer to Toji– Platonically, not romantically. Although you said that the late night knocking can happen a little more often or at least you don't regret anything that comes with the late night knocking, neither of you is going to start something that you know won't stop. You're also getting along with Megumi; it's fair to say that you're best friends with Megumi, which would be embarrassing to say that a three-almost-four-year-old is your best friend. It's even more embarrassing because you're not Megumi's best friend, some other four-year-old is.

The air is completely cold, and you no longer have the same problem that you did when you first moved in; the heat is no longer a problem for you, now you don't have enough blankets to warm you up. And late nights when you're extremely cold, you think of a way to warm yourself up but then you remember that Toji has a young son and he shouldn't leave Megumi alone in the place, even if it's for an hour or less.

During the winter, you also notice how Toji works more during the night. He picks Megumi and you up from daycare then leaves again. It's more often in December than before, and you assume it's because Megumi's birthday is coming up– Not only that, but also Christmas is coming up. You doubt that Toji is the type of parent that buys a lot of gifts, but he'll surely get two different gifts for his son.

"When is daddy getting here?" Megumi asks, looking up at you with his cute little eyes. It's getting late and you don't want to bother Toji but it's well past Megumi's bed time. He keeps yawning and falling asleep. It doesn't help that tomorrow you still have to wake up early.

"I don't know, buddy... Are you sleepy?" You question even though it's obvious. While Megumi would love to deny the fact that he is, indeed, sleepy. He can't deny it this time. He ends up nodding in response. "How about I get you your pjs and you can sleep here?"

"Okay." Megumi responds, and you smile at him before telling him,

"Just focus on the TV, okay? Don't do anything. I'll be right back." You walk out of the apartment and walk next door. You search for the key that's under the mat, and enter the place. You don't mean to snoop around, but you have no idea where Megumi's pajamas are so you have to. And that should be your only purpose... But when you find the pajamas, you keep opening drawers to see if you find anything interesting. You're just wasting your time, knowing that you have to go back to Megumi. But you just want to find something about Toji– Maybe a picture of his late wife or just something that lets you know about him because you know so little about him, even though you've been living here for six months.

Looking through Toji's clothes, you find a business card. You squint your eyes as you look at it, and you read it out loud, "Momoko Hora, vice president of marketing–"

Before you can read the company of the card, you hear keys rattling outside and you shove the card back inside the drawer, hiding it with the clothes again. You close the drawer, and thankfully he gives you enough time to pretend as if nothing happened. You were just looking for Megumi's pajamas.

"I was wondering why the door wasn't locked." Toji says when he sees you. He looks you up and down, and notices the pair of pajamas that you hold. "Were you already planning a sleepover?"

"You are a little later than usual. Megumi even admitted that he's tired, which is a miracle." You respond, and Toji looks at the watch that's on his left wrist, and you furrow your brows. It's the first time you notice the watch, and it looks expensive, at least you can tell it's outside of Toji's budget.

"You're right. Lost track of time." Toji replies, and you furrow your brows. He's not wearing his mechanic outfit, as a matter of fact, Toji is dressed up. You cross your arms and purse your lips together.