𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

Toji arranges a babysitter– Someone he has to pay to watch Megumi. He can't rely on you to babysit because after all, he's going on a date with you. He dresses his best, getting approval from his son to wear a crimson button down shirt and black slacks. He almost wears a tie, but it's definitely too much considering your date isn't anything fancy.

Megumi also begins to get ready, and it makes Toji ask, "What are you doing, stinky?"

"Getting ready to go out." He answers, which makes Toji chuckle. Megumi hasn't picked up the memo that he's not joining. Toji clears his throat as he thinks of a way to let Megumi down gently; Megumi has helped out a lot today, in the little boy's mind he thinks he deserves to join you. And as much as Toji loves his son, he couldn't disagree more.

"You'll be staying here, buddy." Toji ends up saying, not finding another way to let his son down. Megumi furrows his brows, sticking out his bottom lip. Megumi looks at his father disappointedly. Toji says something that will hopefully convince Megumi that staying home isn't so bad. "You'll get to eat whatever you want and stay up late."

"I wanna go." Megumi still responds, making Toji sigh. He knows the water works are coming in, even though Megumi swore he'd be less of a crybaby at four years of age. Toji tries to think of something to say... Then, it sparks on him.

"You told me you wanted the neighbor to be your mommy... If this goes well, she might become your mommy." Toji says, and he feels guilty saying that, but that's the only way he can stop Megumi from crying. And it works. Megumi feels less sad, and more intrigued now. Toji sighs again before he tells his son, "In order for it to go well, you have to stay here and behave. Can you do that, stinky?"

"Yeah..." Megumi nods in response.

The babysitter gets there right as scheduled, and Toji says goodbye to his son before he grabs the bouquet of flowers he bought, and steps out of the apartment. He only has to take a couple of steps before he's in front of apartment 382. Toji takes a deep breath, as a sudden wave of nerves takes over him... Why is he suddenly so nervous? He has no reason to be, he's known you for eight months and you've had sex twice. This shouldn't be anything nerve wracking, but his palms are getting sweaty.

He finally knocks, and it feels like an eternity for you to answer the door. Toji begins to overthink, and while he isn't exactly the person that begins to overthink, he suddenly wonders if maybe– God, you have such a strong effect on him. You finally open the door, and you immediately feel underdressed.

"Should I go change real quick?" You ask him, and he shakes his head in response. He hands you the bouquet of flowers, and the brightest smile comes to your lips. You kiss his cheek and put the flowers on the counter of the kitchen. "Thank you, they're lovely."

"Not as lovely as you." He tells you, and you feel your face warm up. Is this the same man that lives next door? He sounds too sweet. You grab your purse before exiting the apartment, and you two make your way to his car. He opens the door for you, and you get in.

You wonder where he's taking you and what you're doing tonight. Toji is so well dressed that you wonder if you made the right decision picking the outfit that you're currently wearing. But he didn't tell you to change so maybe you'll be fine– Hopefully you're fine. He gets in the driver's seat and you ask, "So where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to my favorite restaurant... And then..." He didn't think all of it through. He tried to think of a fun date idea, but nothing popped up. He just thought about taking you out to eat some of his favorite food. Maybe you'll be more creative on your second date; if you have a second date.

You chuckle. "That sounds great."

"I know it's nothing too exciting but–" He feels the need to justify himself.