Chapter 2: "Dreams & Sodor"

Many hours later, Sunset, Twilight and the girls were riding in Rarity's camper to the airport. They had finished shopping at the mall, and went home to pack for their week vacation and now were on their way to the airport.

Sunset looked out the window. She had never traveled before, especially ever since she left Equestria. But she was still excited for the trip, even if she was a little nervous.

When they arrived at the airport, Twilight called her parents and brother on her phone.

"Oh, my little girl's going across the world." Said Night Light as Twilight turned on her face time. He then turned away, dramatically. "I need a minute."

Twilight laughed. She knew her dad was very protective of her, but she knew how to take care of herself. "Well, mom, I guess I'll call you guys once we land."

"Please, do, dear. I don't know how much longer I can deal with your father." Twilight Velvet said. She then heard Night Light burst out crying, yelling about he'll never see his daughter again. "But be safe, keep your phone on you at all times, and don't talk to strangers."

"Don't worry, I will. Love you, guys." Twilight said as the cries of her dad stopped when she hit the hang up button.

Sunset was talking to Principal Celestia. Ever since she got adopted, she felt like Celestia was a mother that she could ever ask for.

"Now, are you sure you'll be okay, Sunset?" Asked Celestia on the other side of the phone.

"I'm sure. And don't worry, the girls and I made sure to pack our geodes in case we run into any trouble." Sunset said. She held up her red necklace, showing Celestia that she'll be just fine. "And I'll make sure to call you when I get there."

"Okay. Be safe now. Oh, and don't forget to take pictures." Luna said, cutting into the conversation. "Oh, and someone wants to say goodbye before you head off."

Sunset waited as she heard the phone being handed to someone.

"Hello, Sunny!"

Sunset gasped. "Chrysalis! Oh, it's been awhile. How have you been?" She asked.

"I've been great, Sunset. And I heard that you and your friends are going on a week vacay, is that right?"

"Yeah. I'm excited," Sunset said, excitedly. She then got nervous. "But to be honest, I'm kinda scared too. I've never left the country before."

"Well, you shouldn't be." Chrysalis said. "Sure, being out of the country is scary. But at least you'll be there with the people you love."

Hearing that made Sunset feel much better. She wasn't going alone after all, she'd be with her friends. "You're right, Chrysalis. Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Now run along. You girls don't want to miss your flight, now do you?"

"Alright. Bye, Chrysalis. I'll call you guys when the girls and I land." Sunset said. She hung up and then walked through the doors of the airport with her friends.

It wasn't hard to find their flight when they were checked in. The security had pointed them into the right direction when they had seen where the girls were headed.

Soon, Sunset and the girls stopped to sit and wait for their flight to be announced.

"So, what do you girls want to do when we arrive?" Asked Sunset.

"I want to check out the island. There could be lost treasures, lost towns, and maybe even an abandoned castle!" Rainbow Dash said. She placed her Daring Do hat on, smiling.

"Well, I want to check out the fashion. I'd like to see what people are wearing, maybe even make it the next fashion trend." Rarity said. She then turned to Sunset and Twilight. "What do you two want to see?"