Chapter 3: "Enter Diesel 10"

A little later, Sunset and the girls were returning from their dinner. They had found a really good restaurant in town and they had filled up on steaks. The sun was just setting and they were stuffed.

"Oh, wow." Applejack said, rubbing her stomach. "That was some really great steak."

Sunset agreed. "You can say that again." She said, smiling. "I couldn't save any room for dessert. What about you, Pinkie?"

Pinkie groaned. "I can't believe I'm saying this," She burped and excused herself. "But I agree with Sunset. Dinner that good does not deserve desserts after."

Rarity chuckled. "Well, that's a first." She said. She then felt her face. "Well, we better get inside the camper. I need to reapply my mascara before someone sees me."

When the girls arrived at the sheds, they saw that Thomas and Rainbow Dash had returned.

"Hey, there you guys are." Rainbow Dash said running up to her friends. "We were just wondering where you went."

Sunset groaned. "We went out for dinner while you were gone." She grabbed a bag from Fluttershy. "We weren't sure what to get you, so we stopped by a gas station and got you a sandwich."

"Oh, well thanks." Rainbow Dash said. She reached into the bag and pulled out the sandwich. It was a bacon and cheese burger. She unwrapped the burger and took a bite. "So how was your dinner?"

"It was good." Twilight said.

"Way too good." Pinkie said. "I couldn't even save room to eat dessert."

Rainbow nearly choked. "What? You couldn't eat dessert, Pinkie?" She asked bewildered. Pinkie nodded. "Well, I'm shocked."

"I know, right?" Sunset said. She stretched out her arms. "So, how was your little adventure with Thomas?"

"It was good." Rainbow Dash pulled out her phone and showed it to the girls. There were pictures of people wearing dresses and hats. The other pictures were photos of a deck, filled with crates of fish. "We went to the docks and I got to meet a pirate engine."

"Really? That's awesome, Rainbow Dash." Sunset said. "What else did you see?"

"Nothing much but this scrapyard." Rainbow Dash shivered. "Thomas had to pull a load of scrap metal to the smelter's yard and it was freaky. It looked like a graveyard for engines."

"Because it is." Said Thomas, rolling up to the girls. "Diesels have been saying that for years. They have told me and my friends that one day, we'll be scrapped and replaced by them."

"Jeez," Twilight said. "These diesels really don't like steam engines that much, do they? What did you guys ever do to them?"

"That's... a long story," Thomas said. "But, anyway, how about you girls wash up? I can tell that you girls had a very long day."

Pinkie pumped her fist into the air, with a little enthusiasm. "Sounds like a plan." She then beamed. "I call the shower first!" She ran towards the rail camper with Rarity, running after her.

"Oh, no you don't!" Rarity laughed, trying to catch up. "I need the bathroom to fix my hair and make-up!"

Sunset playfully rolled her eyes as she watched the two girls race towards the rail camper. She then turned her attention to the sound of an engine-, no, multiple engines coming to the sheds.

Sunset gasped as she saw the big blue engine she and her friends saw earlier at the station roll onto the turntable. It turned the big engine around, and it backed up into one of the sheds, presumably the shed that said number four.