Chapter 11

Please ignore any grammar or spelling errors I might have made. Also a trigger warning for this chapter, in some areas! Besides that enjoy your read!

"Deep End" by Ruelle

"Once again, tell me where you went with my son?" He asked in a more demanding tone

"Once again, tell me where you went with my son?" He asked in a more demanding tone. He wasn't yelling, not one bit, but his question felt like I was being asked it through screams.

Everyone and everything had seemed to...stop. Like always. Everyone in the room  stays silent, holding their breath anxiously waiting to see how the rest will unfold.

My spine straightens as  the result of me standing there frozen, horrified. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. It was him. He was home.

How?

Jaehyun said he wouldn't be here until seven.

So why is he here? He shouldn't be here. Not yet.

Youngjae began to stir in my arms. He brings his right hand up to rub his eye. He had woken up. He looks up at me and smiles tiredly. I couldn't smile back. I was too focused on the sound of his father walking towards us.

Youngjae lifted his head off my shoulder at the sound. His smile instantly widens at the sight of his father. "Hello daddy." Jay said softly, still half asleep.

At that moment I felt the weight of his father's hand on the left side of my waist. A shaky breath leaves me when he holds me tightly. Through the corner of my eye I see Johnny lean over and give Jay a kiss on his head.

"Hello Youngjae. Mind telling me where you went with....her?" He said not trying to hide the venom laced in his voice.

Jay's head perked up at that. "Her?" He tilted his head slightly. There was a pause, then he looked up, a light bulb had come on in his head. "Oh! Mommy! We went to the park!" When those words left his mouth my body tenses up even more. The strong grip on my waist was tightening.

"Oh the park?" Johnny said almost tauntingly. As he squeezed harder to the point where I knew a bruise would form if it wasn't for the puffer jacket. Even with the puffer jacket, my skin was burning from the friction created between the undershirt and my skin.

Youngjae, being completely oblivious to his father's tone, answered. "Yes! It was very fun!" Youngjae explained, excitedly, his smile growing more. The small boy wanted to continue telling his father about his visit to the park but he was quickly and rudely interrupted. "Hmm good to know....Jungwoo." Johnny replied as he retracted his hand.

"Yes sir?" Jungwoo quickly answered. Taking a step towards us. "Take Youngjae to his room" Johnny ordered. The little boy's smile slowly fell at his father's words. Hurt at his father's lack of interest in his activities at the park. He was so eager to share them with him.

"Of course sir"

At the order, I subconsciously tighten my hold around Jay. Afraid to give him up. Jungwoo, who had been in front of me the whole time, walked up to us. He looks into my scared eyes. Giving him the slightest nod no. Jungwoo shots me an apologetic look. He avoided looking at me as he took Youngjae from my unwilling arms.