2 Demise

"Rajan!" A loud voice echoes through the lavish walls of the palace in Aparanta Kingdom. The balmy morning of the palace and its people remains no more pleasant. The royal palace unlike any other day is eerily quiet. Workers no more rushing for their chores, birds no more singing merrily. A mist of uncanny silence stretches over the residents like dunes of dessert. Wails and sobs float in the serene atmosphere.

The palace ground bears the weight of uncountable courtiers, police officials, relatives, sepoys at every nook and corner with the reigning royals near the corpse of the late king of Aparanta.

The Queen sits on the floor beside her husband silently crying at his demise while her three daughters console the shattered queen. Her three sons look after the relatives and courtiers' needs, providing strength instead of mourning over the sudden demise of the king.

"It's sad to hear, Rajkumar." A relative consoles the elder prince, who stands strong, consuming his grief with his two younger brothers. He folds his hands at the relatives bidding them adieu and detailing his noble manners. (Prince)

The elder prince, Abhishek Rajvanshi, a definition of justice and chivalry. True to his subjects and worthy of the throne of Aparanta in every possible way. A married man and far from world affairs.

"Please take care of yourself and the family." The princes attend all the courtiers and relatives gathered at the condolence meeting.

Hours pass in blur. Orange rays scatter in the sky, creating a spectacle to watch. Two hues imbed the eternal cloak in its embrace, while white grasps the ground beneath. The evening is no more peaceful for the royal family. The relatives take their leave from the ceremony held slowly, so do the courtiers eventually. People fade away from their sight.

"We didn't find a single clue of murder." The police bow at the queen dwelling on her seat. Princes, the minister, also the king's brother and the princesses sit in the living room as a few police officials stand before them.

"As said, his majesty suffered no ailments earlier. The suspicion inclines towards a murder, albeit the report says his majesty had a heart attack." The minister flicks his hand and officials bow egressing out.

"Bhabhi (Sister-in-law)! Take care of yourself." Minister speaks, genuinely concerned for her health as well. She shows no movement visibly frozen at her spot. Her eyes filled with raw grief and pale face makes her vulnerable to sight.

"Take care! Don't fret over anything. This ominous period will end soon." He attempts, igniting some courage in their heart. "Take a leave for a few days from your work. I'll handle the court matters until you take the reins in your clutches."

They nod as his words dilute in their mind. He inhales a deep breath getting on his feet preparing his leave when something strikes his mind. He turns on his feet confronting the elder prince asking away, "Rajkumar Abhishek!"

"Ji! Chacha Ji!" (Yes, uncle!)

"Have you sent any notice to Yuvraj apprising him of the recent happenings?"

Abhishek nods, "The letter is being delayed to reach at his whereabouts. As, we've no knowledge of his stay."

Minister can only bring himself to bob his head in acknowledgement. However, his grim expression gives away his bitterness for the crown prince they talk about. Before letting his thoughts mess up his mind, he takes his leave.

"Maa! Come up, you haven't eaten anything since morning." Vaishnavi coaxes her mother-in-law out of deep concern for health.

Vaishnavi Rajvanshi, the elder princess, a descendant of royal blood, a doctor and suave wife of Abhishek. Being a royal lady, etiquettes and intellect she's born with.