6 A Dayout

Siddharth reaches the destination and gets off the vehicle. He scrutinises the street before him checking if it's the address he was asked to reach. Being assured it is the same he waits for her to show up.

Bhoo!

He misses grabbing her neck by a second. He is trained to respond quickly in his defence for any danger. For the sake of his training, she could've lost her neck if he didn't get a rein on himself at the correct time.

"You didn't even get scared!" She whins, her lips forming a pout and her eyes closing in defeat.

A heartwarming smile etches on his lips that can make any heart skip a beat.

"Well! There's an advertisement for elastic underwear. Required a well built man so recalled you. Imagine, you are standing only in underwear in huge posters hung all over the city." Her arms stretch out to show the size of the banner. "Once you bag the role, it will mark your debut in the entertainment industry."

His smile drops instantly on learning the reason she has called him. To make the situation worse, her notion of his debut fills him with angst. Mere imagining the crown prince's poster hung in sole underwear paints him in red hues. The paparazzi surely has spicy news about his night stands and his share of beauties telecasted one after the other, however, the camera reaching him without any deed taints his reputation.

"What! Don't fly so high expecting any better at your first attempt. Make better use of this opportunity." She rebukes as he tilts his lips in disgust.

He opens his mouth to explain but the ring of her cell intervenes.

"Hello! Yes sir! Yes sir!" He hears her speak to the director on the call. By her expression he guesses it is not something he should be joyful about.

She hangs up and turns to him with a consoling expression plastered on her face. She gives him a sad smile. "Aryan! That advertisement has been bagged by someone else. I am sorry." She hesitates.

His happiness knew no bounds, the urge to smile wide is extreme but he turns it down. "How? You offered it to me a minute ago." His face captures the sorrow in a blink so she doesn't suspect him.

"It doesn't work like that Aryan, a lot of humans are considered for a single role whoever fits the character best bags it. I was asked to search for a suitable candidate as well. Before I could present you for an audition someone else was recommended and was even selected. That's how things work in this industry." She exhales a sigh of fatigue, lowering her head.

His brows crease in frown at her dismay. Before, he didn't really pay heed to how things worked. 'Cause in his industry it is either his command that prevails or that man's corpse goes beneath his feet under the ground.

To see her disappointed in his presence clenches his heart. He cannot apprehend the feeling arising in his heart just at two encounters with this girl. His fingers travel to her chin steadily tilting it up. The raw sorrow in her eyes weakens him there.

"Don't fret! I don't lament on letting it go but seeing you sad." He says it so vehemently that she keeps searching his eyes for long.

To dissolve the awkwardness, she asks, "Let's have a cup of tea!" She pulls a terse smile.

He is brought out of his daze and rubs the back of his neck, clearing his dry throat. He gazes around to find the cafe she is asking for. He begins sauntering towards the referred cafe. However, she swiftly pulls him back grabbing the back of his shirt. He spins around not getting her gesture.

"Where to?" Her eyebrow raises as she lifts her hand asking him.

He lifts his finger beckoning to a nearby cafe with confusion marrying his face. She passes him a look which clearly states he's out of his mind.