Chapter 1

"You're gonna marry her that's final, no more discussion" Mr. Jeff Maxwell ended the long stretched conversation in his commanding voice. No one dared to argue back , not even his wife Anna who usually is the bossy one. And why would she , she was the one who started it and at last her husband ended her plan exactly the way she wanted.

"I think Dad is right Nick , you should get married , settle down its the right  time brother" Thomas tried to calm Nick down . Thomas always encouraged his younger brother , always looked out for him . He definitely influenced Nick in many ways wether it comes to professional matters or personal life.

Nick was furious not because he's afraid to settle down, hell he's currently is in a serious relationship . He's not a coward never been, he never done this serious thing before because he knew a woman needs your full attention and being a gentleman he always cared about that and before he never got time for all this lovely dovey stuff so he never jumped up into some weekly relationships . But now he's successful, established and a grown man , and yes He's committed too.

"Yes, I agree . I'll settle down for sure. A man needs a stability in his life and I totally understand it but why you guys are not approving Ashley as my wife . She's great , She's smart, beautiful why are you guys against our marriage . We grew up together, you know her well ".

Thomas mentally cringed at Ashley's mention. Undoubtedly she's gorgeous but unfortunately that is the only quality she possesses. Thomas looked at her wife Jenna who was comfortably sitting on one the recliners with a giant ice cream tub on her lap watching her brother - in - law's marriage misery like a thriller movie . Thomas smiled at her and then his gaze rested on her swollen 6 months pregnant belly. The happiness he was feeling right now is the exact same thing he wanted Nick to experience. He knew Ashley is not good for him call it a sibling connection he always somehow managed to predict good / bad for his brother.

"That girl can't even cook. I mean come on Nick be serious you want your future children to have a mother who can't even bake them some cookies" his mother pipped in with a annoyed hint in her voice.

" Mom , you're being dramatic here. She's a working women , she's independent so what she don't know how to cook . It doesn't matter".

"It definitely matters , a woman should always know how to cook  what her man and family loves. Food is not only made of ingredients its made of love and affection".

Nick opened his mouth to retort back but his father interrupted him.

"Look son, we all love you and want a good future for you with a woman who'll make your life easier and fun. I know you're in some relationship with Ashley but Nick believe me you both are not compatible. You don't want to understand it now but later you'll get what I'm saying here.  Nick, Ashley is a good girl but not good for you. All I'm saying is just don't regret your decision later in life when I'll be too late fix anything".

Jeff turned and started walking out of the room before turning and placing a white envelope on Nick's hand . Nick looked confused , everyone was except Anna of course.She knew what's is in the envelope.

"Here , open it up and take a look ". Jeff started walking again , still confused Nick looked at his brother who shrugged at him . When suddenly his father's spoke again.

"By the way Son, her name is Ellyanna Jane Anderson"