Haven

It was another boring but lovely day in the Sunflower café. I was serving our regulars and the tourists that came here to see the historic buildings we have. This included the café it had been working at and then run by Mrs. Daisy herself since 1997. Everyone knows the love story of her and her husband. He was a tourist from Massachusetts and came here to see the land and he just happened to stop in to the café. She served him and with her lovely smile, he came back every day until she agreed to go out with him. They have been together ever since. I personally loved Mrs. Daisy for our uniforms it was light jeans with a blouse of two colors mine was red and white and we all have aprons. The guys have a sunflower embroidered on their aprons while the girls have either sunflower clips or embroidered aprons I have both I really love it. She had the bathroom signs changed from men and women to petals and stems. The café was decorated with flowers and vines and everything was happy. There was a gaggle of girls pouring over a stage in the middle of our square. Standing on it was Kai Summers this town's 18-year-old model his father was Niko Summers he was rich and practically ran the town he owned the town's everything store like a Walmart but in this town, it was called Summers  I know very original. I had no problem with them personally it was the fact his son's face was plastered everywhere you looked and most of the girls in this town poured over him like melted butter on bread. He honestly seemed kind of stuck up. He only dated other models and mainly the super models that look impossible. They only lasted a couple weeks before he moved on to the next girl. At least we would get a rush of people when he was done. I continued sweeping the floor and cleaning up the restaurant. Mrs. Daisy I called out I'm going on my break to get some lunch do you want anything.  No dear I'm ok she called back enjoy your lunch. I walked into the back room and changed into my street clothes a yellow top and a gray cover I kept my jeans on they matched my top as they had a sunflower embroidered on the pant leg bottom. I walked threw the gaggle of girls and to the Thai restaurant as soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Mrs. Kwang she was an old friend of Mrs. daisy. Oh Haven your here! Hi Mrs. Kwang I said  hugging her. From the smell of it and the bag on the host stand behind her Mrs. Daisy had called ahead and told her I was coming before I had even left the restaurant and Mrs. Kwang had been watching me walk over as soon and I opened the door to the café. Mrs. Kwang had always bagged my food incase I had to rush back to the restaurant. However nothing was more important then Mrs. Kwang. She led me to the first table and sat to have lunch with me we had Jok with pad Thai and Pad Krapow Moo Saap as well as whatever Mrs. Kwang decided to cook for me. She always assured me that they had cleaned the grill of any possible shrimp residue ever since she had learned I was allergic the grill was always clean. Even though I never asked if she had or hadn't cleaned it. However knowing Mrs. Kwang she made the poor cook clean it then she cleaned it then cook it herself. The food was always so good and Mrs. Kwang's company was too. She always sent me on my way with dinner and food for Mrs. Daisy.  How much do I own you I ask knowing the answer already. Nothing Haven your company is enough and you always warm an old woman's heart when you come in that's worth more then anything to me. I hid a $20 dollar bill under my plate a game I always play with her I leave her a 20 I find it either in my bag the next time or on my paycheck at the café. She handed me a bag for Mrs. Daisy and one for me for dinner. On my way out of the restaurant you could hear Mrs. Kwang yelling for me to get back here after she had discovered my payment. I ran out of there laughing bye Mrs. Kwang I yelled back see you tomorrow. I walked into the café to see Mrs. daisy waiting for me hi dear she said as I had stepped in. Hello Mrs. Daisy I brought you Thai from Mrs. Kwang. I set it on the counter and walked into the break room to put on my uniform again and get back to work.