Chapter 7

Ukukhanya

Finally decided to give Nkanyiso a chance and it had been amazing. We haven't been intimate yet because I am afraid of the aftermaths. Today he once me to sleepover it's a Saturday and we both don't work on Sundays.

Lerato: When are you going to finally give the man some meat, why are you so stingy with it?
Ukukhanya: You know the reason skeem, I just want to enjoy this before it ends.
Lerato: Don't be negative if it ends it ends and you move on. Life is a rollercoaster babe.
Ukukhanya: I know trust me I know.
Lerato: let's go to the mall and get you ama wandraz ano lace angikho happy ngalama full bhakaza akho.
Ukukhanya: leave my wandraziz alone tu.

We had a great day at the mall, especially when I was the one who paid for a change. I am grateful for Lerato for everything she has done. Making me come here and taking care of me whilst I was struggling to make ends meet.
Shouting ngisavaya ntwana isoka lami selifikile.
Lerato: ey wena don't embarass me don't be a frozen chicken. Move paralyze that man. Make him grunt make all the bones in his body ache. Ngithi ngifuna angakwazi kwakushintsha igiya kuleli tekisi lakhe.
Ukukhanya: aybo Choma njani manje uzosebenza kanjani.
Lerato: he is a man uzoba strong.

I headed out found him outside smoking and he discarded the cigarette as soon as he saw me.
Nkanyiso: Themba lami, awu madoda ngakhetha la.
Ukukhanya: Usuqalile.
Nkanyiso: ngiqala Ini uyazi ngiyazifela ngawe. I love you, you know dat right?
Ukukhanya: Yes I know
Nkanyiso: Will you ever say it back
Ukukhanya: I Just looked outside not wanting to answer him, I like him yes a lot but I am not about to hurt myself with something that won't last.
We finally arrived at his place and we are lying on the bed I am just staring at the ceiling because I know after tonight he will live.
Nkanyiso: kukhanya kwami why are you so afraid of loving me, is it because I am taxi driver, honestly nami ngagagamela, I never dreamed that I could find someone like you, have you ever looked yourself in the mirror. You are beautiful more than beautiful and on top of that very much intelligent.
Ukukhanya: Why do you think I don't say I love you just because you a taxi driver.
Nkanyiso: you don't have to pretend
Ukukhanya: you don't know what I have been through, years ago I started having these poop dreams. And they only got worse nothing in my life ever works out. No man ever stays. Friends family everything that's why I left Durban thinking maybe everything will stop. But they haven't, everyday I wake up exhausted because of the lack of sleep.
Nkanyiso: I am sorry
Ukukhanya: don't look at me like that, I don't want your pitty.
Nkanyiso: I don't pitty you, I love you. I wish you could've told me sooner, I will never live you because of that. I can take you to someone who can help you.
Ukukhanya: please don't, don't you think I have tried that. I don't want anymore cleansing and steaming I am exhausted.