Leaving home

(A few years after the situation)

 [nobody's POV?] well it's more like I'm telling the story to you

- - morning - -

~[ A group of kids standing in front of their house]~

~[ASEAN packing things in the car]~

It was a bright and sunny day, ASEAN was finishing up some packing for the trip. That day was when the kids were applying for an Academy and it was a bit far away, so they decided to move.

"Dad, do we have to move?" Cambodia asked as he helped carry some things in the car. He looked a bit sad.

ASEAN replied as positively as he could. "Well, the Academy is far away and the best decision here is to move, sorry bud." He looked at the Cambodian, who still looked sad. He sighed and looked away and continued packing. 'Was I really expecting a smile from this situation?' 

__________________________   (This means time skip)                              

The family finished packing and was on the road. The kids were in the back of the car mopping around. ASEAN noticed it, but thought that a conversation would make it worse. A few hours had passed and the kids' attitudes weren't getting better. ASEAN saw a waterfall that he passed by just a few seconds ago and decided that a fun pit stop would be nice, so he stopped the car.

The kids looked up from what they were doing and looked around. "Why did we stop? Did the tire go flat?" A girl asked from the back. She had a flower tucked in her hair, and had her hair tied up in a long ponytail. "Hm..?" A boy interrupted as he got up slowly. He was clearly sleeping before the car stopped. His hair was a mess, but he didn't mind. The boy stretched and looked around.

"Thailand fix your hair it's a mess." The girl said as she rubbed his hair. The boy looked at her annoyed. He fixed his hair, but it was still messy.

"Daaaaad, Laos is being bossy agaaaain." Thailand groaned as he tried adjusting his hair again. Laos punched him in the arm smiling. "You're such a snitch!" She replied as she tried messing with his hair.

"Ah! Stop it! I don't understand girls at all, didn't you want me to fix my hair?" Thailand yelled out, trying to kick her away. "Yeah, but that was before you decided to be a snitch!" She yelled back, tackling him. Both of them were laughing, but the rest of the family couldn't tell if they were actually fighting.

"Both of you stop it, the car is shaking like crazy!" A boy yelled out. He was wearing a flannel with a white t-shirt under it. "Yeah, you guys are a handful." Another boy called out adjusting his glasses.

Thailand and Laos stopped tackling each other and gave both of the boys a 'really?' Look. 

"Anyways," ASEAN interrupted the conversation, "I thought that you guys would like to see the waterfall." He said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. His kids stared at him, their faces were blank for a few seconds.

"Really?!" Thailand and Philippines both shouted at the time with excitement, breaking the silence. "Yeah..I mean the whole moving away thing isn't the best news so.." ASEAN replied back.

Thailand and Philippines fought their way through the crowded seats so they could get out. ASEAN chuckled, pleased that at least some of his children still had some energy. The two boys ran up to the waterfall all excited. The other countries followed them.

ASEAN stood behind watching his kids admiring the waterfall. "Dad! It's so pretty!" A small country shouted to his father. "Glad you like Timor." ASEAN replied back, smiling.

The kids eventually started running around trying to splash each other. ASEAN then suddenly realized something. "Thailand! Don't use your ability please, we would all be wet if you did."

Thailand gave him a nod, and continued what he was doing. "Ah! Bro, calm down, I haven't splashed you yet!" Malaysia screamed, running to hide behind another country. "Aw Mal, what did you do now?" Indonesia shouted back.

Nothing, I swear! He just started attacking me!" Malaysia said as he tried dodging the water. "What do you mean you didn't do anything? You're the one who splashed me," Thailand said, as he grabbed a handful of water.

"No, that was Myanmar! Not me!" Malaysia screamed, dodging the water. "Oh. Sorry then." Thailand apologized and he reached for the water. He suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around, only to be splashed in the face.

"Ha! I got you so good!" The Malaysian laughed. "Ha..you got me.." Thailand replied with a sadder tone.

"You okay?" Malaysia asked. "Hm? Oh yeah, I just wish I could use my ability." Thailand replied with a smile. It was quite rare for him to use his ability since he hadn't quite figured it out yet. Thailand is the only member in the family that hasn't really figured out what his ability can do. 

———————————————————————————————————