BONUS

I'm not alone.

Many years have passed since that day. Rui Kamishiro was thrown in prison, but eventually made amends. An and Kohane got married and are living out their lives together. King Tsukasa gave the crown to Princess Saki after the war, it seemed he blamed himself. Of course, they all moved on with their lives.

It's been sixty years since then. I'm an old man now. I doubt you'd find my story to be interesting. I never fell in love again and I couldn't let Toya go. Despite his passing I'd visit his grave everyday. I resigned as a knight and pursued my passion of sowing. Yet... None of it was ever enough to fill the void in my heart.

Now here I am, working on some project of mine while sitting in my rocking chair. I knew that I didn't have much time left, but I wasn't scared. I was ready. I yearned to see Toya again, his vision never left my mind. Even as his face grew harder and harder to remember, I'd never forget how he stole my heart, and saved my life.

I doubt my old fragile hands could sew for much longer. I feel the strength of them giving in. I stood up. I decided I wanted to see Toya again, one last time. I got up and put on my platform shoes. Then I opened the door with little strength and walked out into the thriving castle grounds.

I watched as little kids innocently ran around, no thought of threat t'would ever past their minds. I smiled as I recounted my days playing around with Ena, and later An under Ken's supervision. Toya would've loved to see how everything had changed. For example, the brick flooring we used to have around the castle grounds have been replaced with cement.

I made my way over to the graveyard and knelled down by Toya's side. "It won't be long now"." I said as laid flowers by his side.  It was a bouquet of orange roses, picked from the royal garden. As they reminded me of our encounter in the garden all those years ago. Everything had happened so fast, yet it went away so slowly. Painfully slow.

I felt my body lean against Toya's grave as my head began to lighten. I felt a feeling I'd never thought I'd feel before as my eyes began to close. Peace. All of these years have been filled with grief, stress and sadness. I never once thought, that my body could feel so light. It seemed I was passing away. I took my final breath as I prepared to join Toya in the afterlife.

I'm not alone. You're still here within my heart. Even if it has stopped beating. You still reside with in my soul. I'm coming, Toya.