Chapter 28

Caspar's POV

Caspar: What are you doing here?

Confusion, fear and anger was a bad combination of feelings and I was learning this the hard way. I was at the entrance of the apartment block. While I just had my brother punched against a brick wall. My brother...my blood, over a woman. Again!

...

- Flashback -

12 years ago

Caspar: My god, I can't get enough of you!

The woman in my arms chuckled before she stood up and got dressed.

Giovanna Hart: I never thought George's little brother would be such a beast!

I groan as she reminds me how we got where we were. I roll at the other side of the bed and she continues laughing as she gets completely dressed. Much to my disappointment.

Caspar: I don't understand where is the problem. You are only two years older than me. And we are both adults.

Giovanna: Yet your brother and I are friends. And if he found out it would be weird.

Caspar: Who cares? Just make sure to remain friends cause I wouldn't like to fight my brother over you.

I sit at the edge of the bed pulling her between my legs. Her smile never leaving her face. She was gorgeous. A gorgeous woman. One that was friend with my brother. My charming, successful and oh, so socially gifted brother. The one everybody wanted to be around. The proud heir of Warren Von Cortland. And yet here she was, Giovanna. Choosing me over my brother. That kid with friends you'd count on one hand. That kid who would spend most of his day in front of a screen.

That kid his parents would never talk about. That kid...me.

Giovanna: I wouldn't dream of something like that to happen!

She giggled before taking my face between her hands and kissed me. A kiss that would set me on my knees back then ready to obey that witch's next order.

- End of flashback -

...

Only that was not the case anymore. Or so I thought. Because with each passing day I was getting more and more drown to the power that tiny woman held over me! Crystal Stone...

George: I suppose I could ask the same.

Caspar: One of my penthouses is here. I live here.

My tone is steady and my voice cold.

Me and my brother have never been close. Not that either of us have tried to fix that mostly neutral relationship. Even though right now I saw nothing neutral about the way he was almost to touch Crystal. And every cell in my body was begging me NOT to be civil with the man standing in front of me, blood related or not.

George: I see...

Caspar: You didn't answer brother. What are YOU doing here?

His eyes fall on Crystal and my tongue makes a rattling sound that I myself don't even recognise.

George: I had business around here. That's all. Crystal is an old friend of mine.

Caspar: An old friend? Interesting.

I take a step closer to the woman who had remained silent all this time and place a hand on the small of her back that doesn't go unnoticed by George.

Caspar: In case you've been living under a rock for the past month brother, let me tell you that Crystal is MY girlfriend.