Chapter 9: Don't Call Her That

Nicole's POV

I'm standing next to Lucas. We're by the lockers, talking to his friends. Mike and Dylan. Mike is been shamelessly flirting with Rose all the time, running his hands through his blond, wavy hair. I hear Rose chuckling as he calls her a cutie. Her grin is getting bigger and bigger by every passing second. Maybe she will learn to adapt to Lucas like this.

Lucas is talking to Dylan. Dylan is his cousin. He also has dark hair and these black, dangerous eyes. Like Lucas.

They are laughing about something. I feel a sudden need to pee.

"Luke, I'll go to the toilet, ok?" I pull out of his arm that's holding me by my shoulders.

"Yeah, sure, sure." He doesn't even look at me.

I walk away.

Lucas's POV

It's been some time since Nicole went to the toilet. About ten minutes. I couldn't care less, but why is she taking so long? We have class in thirteen minutes.

Maybe she wants to skip? I smirk.

"So, you're really dating that bitch, huh?" I hear someone. It's Sam.

"Why would you care. Jealous?" I hit back. Dylan sighs and stands on my left.

"You think that bitch could ever want you? Think straight, she's a goody pants girl and you're a playboy." He spits, coming close. I clench my fists, getting ready to punch him if he keeps this up.

"Back off." Mike interrupts, pushing him.

"Yeah, go somewhere else." Dylan says.

I can see that Sam's anger is growing. Why is he even here?

"If you want to fight, you can just meet me after school." I say, looking at him furiously.

"I wish I could. But you probably don't have time while hanging out with that little, ugly bitch of yours." Well, he did it. I feel myself angering. He had no purpose to come here and call her a bitch.

"Don't call her a bitch." I say, making my tone dangerous. I don't know why I am getting angrier and angrier, but it's the tone and the way Sam disrespects Nicole I can't hold back. Maybe two weeks ago, before he was nothing in my life, just before he kissed Tiffany, I wouldn't have cared, but now, when I got to know Nicole, I know that she doesn't deserve to be called like that.

"What you're gonna do about it? She's just an ugly waste of time. Tell h-" He can't even finish the sentence as I fist him in the nose.

"Ah!" He exclaims and whines painfully, grabbing it. There's now blood on my fingers and his T-shirt.

"Why did you pick a fight?" I ask, curious as he lays on the floor, kicking his legs in the air like a baby. I laugh at his action.

Sam grabs my leg, pulling himself up.

"Fuck you and your girlfriend." He elbows me in the face.

Nicole's POV

I hear shouting as I walk out of the bathroom. I run towards it. The shouts lead me to the place I left Lucas and his friends.

"Shit." I exclaim as I push myself through the mob of students. I can only hear "Fight, fight, fight!". Some girls and boys are placing bets, some filming with their phones out.

I get to the middle.

"Oh, fuck!" I exclaim. It's Lucas and Sam. They both are punching and elbowing and kicking each other while on the ground. Lucas has some injuries, but Sam looks a lot worse. He has a bloody, crooked nose and his T-shirt is almost ripped.

Lucas gets on top of Sam as I run in the circle.

I shout his name. Lucas looks up, giving time for Sam to slap him on the cheek and get out of his hold. Lucas immediately gets up,ignoring Sam and kicking him with his leg when he tries to grab him y the shoulder and walks to me. Now Sam is spitting blood on the floor.

Lucas is breathing heavily. His hair is messy, but his eyes are full of amusement. He looks vicious.

"What happened?" I breathe out, clutching his arm.

"It's okay. Just, well, he called you words and I couldn't hold it." Lucas smiles at me. I give him a tissue, and he starts wiping the dirt and blood of him.

Behind us Sam is crying while the school's nurse gives him some ice.

"You know you will get in trouble for that, right?" I give him another wet tissue.

"For you, my princess, I can do everything." He smirks. I blush.

He is bloody, and dangerous, and sweet, and so hot. So, so fucking hot.

And he called me his princess.