Chapter 8: Do You Wanna Hear A Joke?

Lucas's POV

It's been a whole week since the literature class. Ms. Nora gave us texts to memorize, so now we're at my house, because Nicole didn't want to learn at hers.

Why? Because,

First, her house is really small and it's not clean.

Second, she doesn't want to bring a boy home. That's kind of not my problem, because I can always climb through the window. I mentioned that to her, and she asked me what do I would think as her mom when she would see us sitting in Nicole's room, kissing.

Third, because if she does, her older sister Chloe won't forget that and ask her questions and make her embarrassed.

So we're stuck at my house. We've went through most of the script, and it's boring. Just poems and people who only want to speak in rhymes. Stupid and fucking pointless, if you ask me.

Nicole turns the paper, eyeing her lines. "Do you wanna hear a joke?" She asks, suddenly smiling.

"Sure, why not." I grab a donut from the box of freezable donuts I found at my freezer and warmed up.

"You just heard yourself." She says, laughing maniacally at her own joke and taking a chocolate donut with vanilla toppings.

"For God's sake, Nicole." I throw a pillow at her. She dodges and throws a pillow at my face. I let it hit me, just so I can have a reason to go after her. I storm at her. She squeaks and jump to the right, lightly hitting the ground. I chase after her as she circles my room. We're both laughing messes. She runs on the bed, using it as a trampoline.

"Hey, don't jump on it. It's brand new." I grab a pillow. She clutches my hand, not allowing me to throw. I groan, while we both deliver light punches and kicks to each other. She hits my lower part of the stomach, scarily close to my balls. I dodge her second attempt and free my hand to lightly hit her head with a pillow. Nicole lets out a scream that soon turns into a laugh.

I grab her by her wrist and spin her. Her laugh is uncontrollable,and might be the most beautiful thing I've ever heard on the world. Shit, what am I thinking about?

She falls, bringing me down with her. On the bed, she tries to escape me by rolling to the sides. I laugh and roll with her. I'm on top, then she is. 

We stop, breathless. While heavily breathing I see, that I'm on top of her, and my hands are keeping her wrists locked to the bed. I let go, trying not to get horny because of my position in the situation.

I look in her eyes. They are warm, welcoming and full of happiness. I'm feeling dizzy. My stare lowers to her lips that are so close to mine. I feel myself leaning closer, and she does the same.

I steady my breathing. Our lips almost touch, but. . .

"We should continue studying." Nicole says. I immediately get off of her, covering myself with a blanket.

I had forgotten that it was cold outside and we had a opened window.

Well, that went well.