Chapter 15: Rains And Detentions

Lucas's POV

I hear soft snores in my right ear. I turn around. There's a woman peacefully sleeping next to me.

I groan as I remember her name. Kelly. I remember what happened. What we did. What I did.

The covers are pulled down. The room is almost pitch black. I slowly get out of the bed, collecting my clothes. Kelly doesn't have a clock. I go to the covers while searching for my phone.

God. I pray it's early because I have to drive Nicole to school.

I pull the covers up. Well, it's not early. The sun is up and shining brightly.

I see my phone, so I grab it.

10:14. It shows.

Fuck.

Messages from Nicole pop up. Oh, dammit.

Nicole. 7:45
I'm waiting outside.

Nicole. 7:54
Where are you?

Nicole. 8:00
Are you ok?

Nicole. 8:16
Lucas, school starts in 14 minutes.

Nicole. 8:21
I'm walking to school.

Nicole. 9:05
Where are you?

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Well, I messed up.

I should not have ever slept with Kelly.

~

I get to school just when it's a break from the third period to the fourth period. I almost run in, fixing my hair and searching for Nicole.

I see her. She's by the lockers, reading a book. Her hair is in a cute ponytail that matches with her soft coloured clothes.

"Nicole." I shout when I get closer. She sees me and puts the book away, looking at me annoyingly and rolling her eyes.

I get closer. Nicole seems angry.

"Nicole, I'm sorry." I say, pleading.

"Lucas, I understand. You definitely have better things to do than drive your fake girlfriend to school. It's okay." I feel sarcasm in her voice.

"I'm sorry, I just overslept." My voice sounds annoyingly weak and pathetic.

"Well, you have detention today." Nicole smiles at me. I almost smile back before I hear what she said.

"What? How?" I ask. How did I get detention?

"Well, after I missed the first period, which was history by Mr. Troy, he asked me what happened. Well, I told him that you were supposed to drive me to school, but you didn't, and there weren't any busses for me to take, so I had to walk." Nicole starts to walk to class. "So, you got detention for not caring for your classmates and your bad behavior."

I groan. Sleeping with Kelly was my worst decision so far this month, and definitely not the last. As for detention, I'll just skip.

I put my hand around Nicole's shoulders, but she shakes it off. I roll my eyes before I hear a voice to my right.

"Mr. Lynd, I'd like to have a word with you." Mr. Troy says.

As I follow him I look back to see Nicole waving me and smirking.

That devilish girl.

Nicole's POV

I'm once again walking home. Second time this day. Lucas can't drive me because he has detention, and I missed the bus while talking to Mike and Rose.

This day couldn't have gotten anymore worse. I missed the first period, in biology we had a test I didn't know about(I aced it, but it made me stress), and now I have to walk home.

It starts raining. Great. I pull my jacket up, trying to cover my hair.

I keep on walking, quickening my pace. My day just got better.

A car honks next to me. I almost jump out of my skin. I turn. A weirdly familiar Mercedes has stopped next to me.

A window rolls down. I see Lucas smiling at me. "Hop in."

Didn't he have detention? "Didn't you have detention?" I ask as I get in the car.

"Well, I do, but I saw the rain and thought of you walking here, all alone and scared. . ." He chuckles. "So I skipped."

"Aw, that warms my heart! But you will have more detention now." I say, worried.

"Don't worry. I'll do everything for my princess." Lucas says as he accelerates.