Musty Old White Van

A/N: Hey! I decided to split this chapter up into two parts because it was running a bit long:) Also I added a little picture of Santiago at the top. Hope you guys enjoy Maeve making her way to Twilight!!!

Song: Babylon by The Slits (2009)

Time. It's almost time.

Maeve clicks the small button on the side of her phone to illuminate the lock screen. She quickly reads, seven ten, before haphazardly typing in her passcode and clicking into the green messaging app. She taps Eleanor's name and their most recent chat conversations bubble to the surface. Maeve impatiently drums her fingers against her leg, halfheartedly expecting a new message to magically pop up onto her screen. Instead, she's met with an annoyed sigh from Fatima.

"Honestly Maeve you've been checking your phone non-stop since you've got here."

Fatima lazily rolls over on her bed, casually pushing aside a fluffy Hello Kitty stuffed animal and resting her head on her arms. Maeve lets out a long sigh, deciding the manic butterflies whirring around in her stomach will eventually tire themselves out if she would just sit down. Maybe relax a little bit. She nervously takes a seat on the edge of Fatima's bed, sinking into her velvety soft comforter.

With a big sigh, Maeve flops her body backwards next to Fatima's. Arms outstretched and a thin smile curling her glossy strawberry lips. "I know. I know." She chuckles.

After her violin practice Maeve rushed home and practically threw herself through the doorway, itching to race upstairs. She asked her mum about staying over Fatima's for a couple of hours to study and she agreed almost too easily. Saying it would do her good to spend more time around such a good influence, although it did come with the caveat of her being home by ten. Curfews really suck. Maeve quickly changed out of her school uniform and shifted into a cuter outfit, one befitting of a rave located in a dodgy abandoned paper factory in East London on a nippy Monday night. Classy. One befitting of Twilight. She threw on a black oversized Julian Road trench coat her nana brought her last easter and headed out the door, her dad waiting for her in the car. Her mum definitely threw a few questioning looks at her oddly warm attire, the usual red pursed lips and baited expression misting her face.

Maeve's only been at Fatima's place for about an hour but she still can't shake the nerves pricking her skin like annoying mid summer mosquitoes. No matter how much bugs spray you put on, they still swarm you, biting at your skin until itchy swollen red bumps scatter your legs.

Although she knew Fatima was right, she couldn't help it. Twilight's like a nervous itch, one that feels really good when you scratch it. Does that even make sense? Whatever.

Off to the side, Fatima coos to herself, gushing at something on her phone. "Maeve look." 

She turns the screen towards her, revealing a picture of a very handsome Korean boy in some sort of strappy hot pink leather outfit with shiny black shoes. He's smiling at the camera with perfectly white and uniform teeth, cutely holding up a tiny heart sign with his hands. Maeve vaguely recognizes him to be one of the five members of XJID Infinity, although she's not certain which one he is. She thinks back to a conversation she had with Fatima, describing each member in illicit detail. She starts recounting them silently to herself, marking each one off with her fingers in slow reminiscence. The one with the great hair is In Ho, the bulky one with abs is Jae Sun, the one with the birthmark above is lip is Min Hyuk, the really cute one is Ji Tae, and the one with the nice smile is–

"Min Jun looks good in literally anything. He's so bloody fit right?" Fatima blurts out, interrupting Maeve's thoughts. Fatima double taps the photo before moving on to another.