six

"donghyuck, it's me!" doyoung called, entering the house. as usual, donghyuck was still sleeping when doyoung walked in his bedroom to check on him. the young manager chuckled nervously as the two guests behind him frowned down at the resting boy disapprovingly. 

   "donghyuck ah," one of them pushed past doyoung, looming over the sun kissed male, "you're still sleeping even at noon?" her voice was stern and sharp. whether it was because of the familiar voice or the words that came out, donghyuck's eyes snapped open. his eyes adjusted from the sleepiness, and he slowly looked around the room, taking everything in. then, after visibly cringing, he ducked his head under the covers, curling his body into the fetal position. 

   "you didn't tell me you were planning on visiting!" he whined, voice coming out slightly muffled. "if that's your excuse, you need to find a better one," his mother scolded. "come on, up now, son," his father joined in, moving to stand next to his mother. doyoung, feeling slightly awkward, excused himself to make some tea for the guests. 

   "i slept so late last night, the sun had already come up. give me another hour and then you'll have my full attention," he stuck his head out of the covers now, pouting his lips childishly.

   his mother only frowned even more, "don't tell me you were up playing video games again?" "no no no," he pushed. "i'm an adult with a job now! i was busy memorizing my lines... with a side of daydreaming," he mumbled the last part.

   "well that's on you, you need to start managing your time better. get up and get ready, then come give your parents a hug," his mother said finally. with no response from donghyuck, she added in, "hurry up now." donghyuck let out one more exasperated whine, but it fell on deaf ears as he watched his parents trail out of the room.

   he rolled over, and then rolled back over, finally deciding that as an adult he should actually start listening to his parents. he stuck one foot out of the covers and threw it over the side of the bed. his barefoot met the cold floor testily. then he forced his other leg to copy the action until both feet were planted on the ground, and his torso rested horizontally on the mattress.

   maybe it was the presence of his parents that made him want to act like a child again, because he dramatically stepped forward with his legs without moving his torso until his whole body landed on the floor with a thud. he groaned and forced himself to stand up. "oh god, i think i'm dying," he muttered to himself dramatically.

   fortunately getting up was always the hard part, and getting tasks done went a lot smoother. he stepped in his bathroom and washed his face, waking his senses. then he tried to tame his hair, eventually getting frustrated and leaning over the tub to wet it. when he finally finished styling it, he brushed his teeth and got dressed in basketball shorts and a random michael jackson tee-shirt which he probably wore about four times a week.

   yes, even as a top celebrity in korea, donghyuck preferred basketball shorts and michael jackson tees over branded clothing and items any day.

   donghyuck stepped out of the bathroom, glancing at his messy bed and opting to leave it that way. then he joined his guests and manager in the living room. his parents smiled at his presence, and he hugged his father before pressing a kiss to his mother's cheek.

   donghyuck had his mother's face shape and lips, meanwhile his eyes and nose resembled his father's. seeing the three of them together, anyone could tell that they were a family. his parents aged well, he thought. though people often mentioned how similar in looks donghyuck was, it was obvious that his personality came from his mother. she was bubbly and talkative while his father was empathetic and quiet. they balanced eachother so well, it was no surprise that neither of them had ever faced marriage-related issues.