06

Chapter Name: 'It's all too much, sometimes'

December 9

The last forty minutes were spent quickly but enough time to spend together decorating the Christmas tree. Elena knew how the room would slowly become suffocating to her. She knew both sides of her family but hardly liked to interact with them. Scooter was the only person she would stick to all night.

Scooter on the other hand liked most of his cousins. A good majority amount of the cousins played hockey. If they didn't, it was either; football, lacrosse, or tennis.

The parents are the ones who choose or allow you to do your hobby. It's kind of stupid.

The one thing scooter can't handle is the adults. They would nag him on 'do you have a special lady in your life' or 'you've grown so much since I last saw you.'

Yes he now could answer the special woman in her life and he felt proud that he found the girl of his dreams but he didn't like answering questions. All he wanted to do was get out of his buttoned up shirt and super uncomfortable pants.

"Scooter, fix your tie. They're in the drive way, hurry up now." His mom says.

Scooter did not know how to do this tie stuff. So Elena came up and helped him. Her mom taught her all the things she would 'need' to do in her life when she became older.

Elena wanted to live the free life. She wanted to feel the wind on her skin. She wanted to run down a never ending flower field. She wanted to be happy.

"Here." She says as she does scooter's tie. "I'm not going to have to help you on the day you get married scooter, am I?" She laughs at her own stupid joke.

"Well, we're going to have to see." He replies.

Both, Elena and Scott walk over to the door with their parents.

"Now you too must be on you're very well behavior. Make a good impression to the new members of this family." Scout, their dad says.

Recently two of their family members got married to some of their, what you would say, 'love of their life's.'

They all say that.

People from both sides of the family started pouring in. Small kids, big kids, all types of kids. Kids, pre-teens, teenagers, and adults.

All Elena really thinks is how much people liked to 'do it'. I mean yes this is a random thought but you have to ask yourself the same thing. This wouldn't be such a big dinner if their weren't so many people. (Kids)

Elena and scooter give each other a look and lead everyone to the dining room.

"Oh, Eleanor you are such a big girl now!" Her aunt, Kassandra squeals.

"Oh." Did she just call me Eleanor? "My names Elena, aunt Kassie."

"Oh right! Sorry, there's too many kids to remember." She laughs at herself. "Oh here's the big brother...uhm.."

Scooter looked at his aunt who couldn't even take a guess at his name. "Scott, or just scooter."

After what seemed like a thousand greetings the 'children were dismissed to speak.'