07

Chapter Name: 'An Angel'

December 10

It was now a Thursday morning, Unfortunately. Though that meant tomorrow was the awaited Friday and after that was the weekend where she could finally start deciding on scooter's present. Elena had gotten to know her cousins more. Surprisingly she woke up happy. She wanted to hangout with her new 'friends.' Her and kayce didn't share any classes together but lunch. On the other hand, Hugo had a good amount of classes with her; including lunch. She was surprised she hadn't seen him or the fact he never said something. I mean she wouldn't even recognize him, it's been about two years since she had seen them.

Most importantly, almost two years since Rick and Elena had started dating. Elena had many things on her mind; it was stressing her out now. Elena wore a white T-shirt with some flare jeans. She wore a red bandana as a headband and wore a simple necklace.

I wore a plain grey shirt and slipped a crewneck sweater over it; I threw some jeans on and headed to the library. I needed to study for a few quizzes before so I spent the half hour there.

After I finished studying, I stood up from my table to look for some books. We had a research paper to do in English class; my topic wasn't that great. It was about sleep paralysis. I asked the librarian where could I find books for my information and once she told me I headed towards the books. It was pretty far back in the library but not much.

I still had about 5 minutes left to look for books. Not much time but I could deal with it; not that the library isn't my favorite place.

"Hey, Kenny." I heard a voice say.

It was her.

"Oh hey, Elena." I smile. I didn't stammer, which is oddly weird cause I always do when I'm around her.

"Are you here to look for books for your research paper?" She asks me.

"I am, what about you?" I was surprising myself by speaking so calmly to her. Maybe cause there was no pressure with students being around.

She looks at me with her gorgeous eyes, "Yeah, my topic is on 'teen suicide,' some other people are doing it too. What about you?"

"'Sleep paralysis,' I thought it was a good topic." I chuckle.

"Well, it sound like it will be." She says. I look down at the books she has with her and gain up some courage.

"Mind if I walk you to class?" I ask.

She keeps her eyes on me, "I don't see why not."

"Meet me up at the door; I have to check these books out." I smile at her approval. She nods and heads back to the front.

Why was I doing this?

She was already dating Rick. He was the one that was meant to walk her to class. Based off what Kaiden told me, they should be on their second year of dating or soon.

I erased the thoughts out of my head, one simple thing can't change anything. I quickly got my books checked out and was met with a happy Elena.

"What's your first class?" I ask.

"English, usually Julie and the boys walk me to class. Yet, it's nice walking with someone new." She says looking straight forward.