Chapter 4~~Capture The Flag, Not My Lips

~Amber~

"Heroes!" Chiron called and silence fell among the campers. "Prepare your weapons!"

"Is it too late to get ourselves some weapons that can actually save us?" Melanie whispered jokingly to me.

I gave a small smile and twitched nervously next to her. After the split second decision of joining Clarisse's team Zach, Melanie, and I spent the rest of the time debating whether we even need weapons. Zach was Zeus' son, and Melanie was Athena's daughter, so they know how their powers work. Meanwhile, even though I know that Kronus is my dad, I don't exactly know how my powers work or what they even are. So, I'm stuck with the basic Bronze knife until I figure out what my powers are. Lovely, isn't it?

Just then, Chiron blew the whistle and that's when the chaos began.

"Go get the red team's flag!" Clarisse instructed me and I nodded. I ran towards Zeus' fist, where the flag was, jumping over large tree branches and entwined vines. The opposite teams fired weapons like arrows with fire, some cannonballs, and daggers. Using the little gymnastic skills I have I jumped, ducked, and rolled whenever needed. I didn't know how I dodged it all at the same time, but I was glad I survived.

I spotted the fist and was about to climb when a figure jumped from the bushes.

"Sorry, but this reserved for the red team members only," Percy smirked as he held his sword.

"Well too bad," I sneered. I didn't know why I agreed to do play this game when all I have is a piece of short and narrow metal. It's like going on a war in Iraq with nothing but a pair of scissors.

Percy advanced towards me and I did a backflip just as he swung his sword. I growled and instinctively held my palm up towards the trees. Branches and roots came bursting out and attacked Percy, but he swiftly slashed them all. Anger surged through me and suddenly the leaves around us burst into flames. We were trapped in a circle of fire. A bead of sweat produced on Percy's forehead, but I felt nothing out of the ordinary. Except maybe that my vision was a little fuzzy from the amount of heat.

"This is taking too much time," I said and concentrated on something random, like the ground, and felt something tug inside of me and the ground rumbled. At first I thought there was just an earthquake, but then I realized an earthquake can't focus on just one person in one area.

"What the--" Percy wasn't able to finish because the ground split open and he fell, his screams echoing. I laughed and was about to climb when Annabeth emerged from behind the fist.

"Sorry, but I don't let anyone treat my boyfriend like that." Her gray eyes were cold as she jumped in the middle of the dying flames. I didn't know why I felt angry when she said boyfriend, but I knew that it was enough for my powers to come. A group of skeletons emerged from the hole Percy fell through, and Annabeth stared in shock.

"Wait," she said, confused as she backed away from the skeletons. "You can't control the earth, the dead, trees, fire, and water at the same time! It's impossible!"

"I'll leave you to think about that, okay?" I smiled sweetly and skillfully climbed the rock. Thank you, mom and dad, for that mountain climbing trip last summer.

I reached the top and was about to take the flag when Percy climbed behind me, breathing heavily.

"I won't let you," He panted and stood with his sword aimed at me.

"You're making this very difficult, you know." I sighed. He glared at me and I glared back defiantly.

"Move. Or elese." I sneered.

"Try me," He challenged, which is kinda ironic since he was in no position to challenge a daughter of Kronus.

I looked around and thought of rain, and soon, large drops of water came falling from the sky. Percy and I remeained unwet, which didn't suprise me.

"I don't know how you did that, but I'm not letting Clarisse's team win." Percy said and tightened his grip at his sword. I ignored him and concentrated more deeply. There was a loud booming and I looked up just to see something bright fall. I shielded my eyes and heard a defeaning explosion. I peeked through my fingers and saw Percy at the bottom of the fist, his clothes black and burning. He coughed out smoke and stared at me with no other expression but confusion. I saw the flag unguarded and pulled it out of the ground.

There was a loud whistle in the air and the blue team's cheer erupted. I skillfully jumped down at the  ground and was met by hugs and pats on the back.

Clarisse smiled approvingly. "I knew there was something special about you."

I smiled gratefully. You have no idea.

"You did great, Amber!" Zach said and I laughed as he pulled me into a hug. He let go of me and grinned, but his hand was still on my waist. I glanced at Annabeth and Percy, they didn't look upset that they lost. Instead, there was more confusion on their faces. Suddenly I heard Chiron call my name as as I turned my head I was met by Zach's lips on mine.