Chapter 1

POV Ellie

Joel: Holy shit...

He mumbled which made me look over to him.

Ellie: What?

We went out of our settlement to get some resources, once we arrived at this camp we parted ways to make the search go faster.

I wasn't able to see him, since he took the right side and disappeared into a nearby forest.

He didn't respond which made me slightly worried, so I called out for him again.

Ellie: Joel!

Joel: Huh? What?

Ellie: Are you okay over there?

Joel: I am, these guys are not.

Ellie: What guys?

Joel: Dead guys.

I hurried over to him as fast as I could and stopped at the sight of a bunch of dead men.

Ellie: Damn...their skulls got popped open, what kind of weapon could do that?

Joel: I don't know, maybe a bat like Negan's?

Ellie: Look at their clothes, I'm pretty sure they're Negan's men.

Joel: It's not like Negan doesn't kill his own men, right? We've seen plenty of that.

Ellie: You think he would kill...

I stopped and tried to count the bodies, but there were too many to count, so I just took a wild guess.

Ellie: Like twenty of his own guys?

Joel: Hm...I guess you're right. This is crazy, even for a loon like Negan. But that means someone else is out here that's brutally murdering people.

Ellie: Brutally murdering our enemies, so who cares?

Joel: You do realize it can happen to us as well, right?

Ellie: When did something like that ever happen to us?

Joel: We've been spending two months just sitting around back in the base, there wasn't too much that could happen to us...I mean, we could go back and continue doing that but-

Ellie: But we won't. We have to find the Fireflies, the sooner the better.

Joel: Maybe we should wait another month to-

Ellie: Joel! No. You promised you that you would help me get to the fireflies.

Joel: I will, after we are sure that this place is safe.

Ellie: We don't even have to stay at this place, we just have to pass through.

Joel: That's the problem. We won't get far if whoever or whatever did this will come for us.

Ellie: If they do, we'll just shoot them.

Joel: That's what they tried to do.

Ellie: I can see that, but...damn...

I got distracted by the sight of a guy with only half of his head left.

Ellie: Seriously, what the hell did they use as a weapon?

Joel: I'm not sure if I want to find out. But honestly, I'm more concerned by the fact that Negan's men came so close to our camp.

Ellie: You're more concerned about some dead folks than a maniac that just killed a group of people and disappeared?

Joel: Yeah because the "maniac" disappeared but Negan's men won't just let this slide. They'll come back.

Ellie: Then we'll kill them.