Chapter 391-400

Chapter 391: A Difficult Journey

In fact, compared to Cheng He, the situation of He Ziping and his group of five seemed more concerning. Cui Rou even asked a few people if they wanted to carry a stretcher, but Zhanhao rejected them one by one.

"No, no, we can rest for a while," Zhanhao declined, suggesting they take a break.

When Xu Yuhao picked up the pen to register, his hands were shaking, and he could only lean against the wall for support.

"Okay, then you guys take it slow," Cui Rou said, giving up and going to help Zhang Luo with other tasks.

Wan Shixing didn't expect Cheng He to return so soon. He was delighted that they didn't have to continue and could come back early. He couldn't wait to share his experiences from the past month with Cheng He.

"We're going to have a special feature in the Qingshi Weekly. I've brought back a lot of photos and materials. Baiyun has already written the articles, and we're waiting for Xiaodou and Xiaoge to typeset and print them," Wan Shixing excitedly told Cheng He.

Wan Shixing couldn't stop talking about Cheng He's return. Cheng He, with dark circles under his eyes, weakly responded, "I know, I know. Can you let me rest for a while? I just want to lie on the ground and get a good night's sleep."

Cheng He's exhaustion was evident, and he longed for some rest. He Yong asked, concerned, "What's the matter, Brother Cheng? Are you sleep-deprived?"

"It's more than just sleep deprivation," Cheng He sighed. "We didn't rest at all last night. We were fighting zombies in the middle of the night."

"The captain is like a madman. Wherever there are zombies, he treats them as treasures. We've been fighting constantly," Cheng He complained.

"But you only have less than ten people, right? Isn't it too dangerous to kill zombies at night?" He Yong expressed his concern.

"Dangerous? That lunatic doesn't care about danger. He always rushes into fights. If things get tough, he'll take us and run. Damn it, we've already lost seven or eight cars!" Cheng He vented his frustration, recalling the scenes of being chased by zombies.

The newspaper office members witnessed a different side of Cheng He. Usually, he was calm and sometimes even wise. This emotional outburst was unprecedented.

"Well... why don't you go to the lounge and get a good night's sleep? I'll have He Yong buy you a lunch box," Wan Shixing suggested, realizing that it was already noon, and they hadn't eaten on this journey yet.

Upon mentioning food, Cheng He calmed down. Wan Shixing quickly signaled to He Yong, who understood and hurriedly left with Wan Shixing's scorecard.

Gao Yuan had been busy in the gourmet restaurant for nearly two hours. He couldn't remember exactly how many lunch boxes he had sold. He breathed a sigh of relief as the line in front of him grew shorter.

During the day, many people went out on missions to kill zombies, so there shouldn't be too many customers. It was already one o'clock in the afternoon.

"Five lunch boxes," a familiar voice called from the front of the line. Gao Yuan looked at the scorecard being passed to him and then looked up at the person in front of him. He stood up abruptly.

"Zhanhao?!" Gao Yuan exclaimed in surprise. Why was Zhanhao lining up to buy lunch like a regular customer?

....

Zhanhao was taken to the back kitchen of the gourmet restaurant. Li Yanqian looked at Zhanhao, who had just finished his sixth bowl of rice, feeling a little uneasy.