03

Colette

It was truly a shame that our parents and family had chosen to stay close and in all become closer each passing day after Harry and I had drifted away. Because now I am stuck here.

I could feel my fake smile starting to fall, my cheeks ache. We have been at the Styles' apartments all of 10 minutes and I already want to scream. Harry has yet to make an appearance, Mr. Styles says it is because he went hunting early in the morning but he would be back at any moment. I secretly hope he would not show up at all. But that would be too good to be true.

I am now sat at a long rectangular table, an empty seat to my right, but silverware and plates elegantly placed on the table, hinting a person would be here to fill that seat, most likely someone I hate but who knows.

Lord I am sarcastic even in my brain.

Mrs. Styles sits at one end of the table, next to my mother and I. My mother sits in across from me, fake smile plastered on her face refusing to let up. My father sat next to her chatting away with Mr. Styles who is sat at one end of the table, letting out what you would expect two misogynistic manly laughs to sound like which makes my faux toothy grin twitch.

All have been chatting absolutely wonderfully while my parents insist that it is no worry to wait for Harry's presence before we begin to eat. You have no idea how hard it was for me to not roll my eyes.

So now I sit here. In silence with a smile on my face. I have been picking at the hem of my dress under the table to pass the time and ease my frustration.

"But of course you understand that she will never get anywhere as a woman in this world and in this palace the way that she has been acting." My mothers extravagant voice speaks to Mrs. Styles about me with a shared laugh at the end of her sentence.

After my little act of defiance this morning. My mother is still royally angered with me. She has been sitting here explaining my faults and her disappointments in me to Harry's mother since it we have sat down. Making it difficult for me to sit her smiling without popping a blood vessel.

"Oh dear Colette." Mrs. Styles laughs, my head turning to her at the call of my name pushing myself to smile harder. "You are such an interesting young lady. You are getting close to having to marry. Be careful with that." She says still breathily laughing. Her words make my face fall, in a mix of irritation and shock. My mother discreetly kicking my foot from under the table reminding me to fix my face, which I do.

Finding a husband? Now? I knew I would have to early but 19 seems too young to marry.

My mother lowers her voice, leaning towards the oblivious woman sat next to her. Causing her to lean in also.

I focus my eyes on Mères lips helping muster out what she is saying because I can barely hear her hushed voice. "I need to speak to you concerning that later." She says making my brows furrow in confusion.

Speak to her concerning what later?

As if on cue before I could grab my mothers attention, the door to my left swings open making me turn my head revealing the person I wanted to see here the least as all the conversation at he table comes to a partial halt.

Harry stands there a cocky smirk already hanging from his lips. He wears a black loose fitting flowy almost ruffly shirt, but the first few buttons undone to reveal the top of his chest, a long beaded necklace accented with pearl hangs from his neck and rests right before his stomach. He never takes that necklace off. It is one I recognize and is oddly familiar to me, but I can not quite place where it is from. He had not starting wearing it until we turned 15 and went our separate ways in our friendship. His hunting pants dark grey almost black with gold tucked into his boots.