06

Colette

This is outstandingly awkward.

Harry sat here, on the edge of my bed staring down at the floorboards as if they were telling him the most intricate story. I was more than surprised when Hélène had told me of someone who wanted to speak to me, but this? This was the last thing I was to be expecting.

He looked well out as he always did. I could tell his hair was not prodded with but it still sat perfectly in detailed curls upon his head. His shirt very loose, and the same green occupying the iris of his eyes, the neckline of his shirt coming down to a 'v' still leaving the top of his chest and collarbones exposed, the collar of the shirt of course up. The coat on his body, black with gold buttons and details, the sleeves quite baggy around the wrists. My eyes only flicked down to his pants very briefly, they looked to be almost a dark gold leather. If that was even possible.

All while the same necklace sat on his chest tucked underneath the safety of his shirt.

He looks effortlessly...royal. And this is a compliment that will only ever be spoken in my head towards him. He was always like that, even as a child.

I grimace at the thought of what I probably look like compared to him in this moment. I was here in my white dress-like pajamas, which in all were never too bad. My hair slightly unruly in waves all around my head. Even though I could care less of the way that I presented myself, especially towards Harry, I would rather not give him a reason to hound on me about my appearance.

With the thought, I quickly pushed off of my bed to my feet, making him turn his head towards me. Grabbing my robe that was slung over my dressing screen, a thicker white silk robe, decorated with tiny flowers. Throwing the fabric over my shoulders, pushing my arms through, I adjust it on my body, turning before looking back up to meet Harry's eyes which have been watching my movements. Pushing my shoulders back, crossing my arms I stand there. This awkward silence has to end.

I keep my shoulders tall, along with my chin in front of him. I do not know what to expect with him, what he is here for. Don't give him a chance to walk all over you.

"May I inquire the reason for your presence Harry?" I ask him, keeping myself stood tall in a faulty way of intimidation which I know I won't reach.

My correctness causes him to chuckle shaking his head, though it is not much it is a genuine sound I have not heard in a long time. Making me furrow my brows.

"What is with the formality Colette?" He asks, leaning forward resting his forearms on his knees looking up at me. It was no surprise he would see through my facade any ways. My shoulders fall right before I roll my ey-

"Don't." Harry speaks sternly before I could finish my own thought. Making my eyes widen and arms fall from my chest at his sudden interruption. Huh?

"Don't what?" I asked in confusion.

He stands taking a simple step forward and leaning his side up against the long bedpost.

"Tu sais..." He spoke gesturing his hand towards my face furthering my confusion. "Rolling your eyes." He spoke shocking me. What?

How did he know?

For a tiny split second I felt something in the depths of my chest. I could not tell you what it was, but I noticed it while it attempted to conceal itself. But his interruptions and assumptions towards me angered me in a way. With a scoff I open my mouth to speak again, not knowing what I was going to say but most likely something occupying my brain to chew him out.

"Don't do that either." He spoke quicker, keeping me silent while all I could do now was look at him in disbelief. "Colette, surprisingly enough I am not here to displease you." He chuckled. The words he spoke almost looked as if they had shocked him too.