05

Harry

It has been three days.

Three days since my mother and father along with Colette's had broken the news to us both that we are to be married. Thinking about the words spoken out loud makes my heart race and my jaw clench. We have still not been given an explanation, then again, I haven't even seen Colette since that day. No one really has. I haven't asked her parents where she has been hiding out, but then again I don't necessarily care enough to. Seems like a waste of my own effort. Her infuriating presence has been filling in for her in the back of my mind. I don't really know how I would feel if I was to see her face right now. Most likely angered in reminder to the end of my freedom.

The way that she walked out on me frustrated me. I shouldn't have stood there and let her speak to me like that without another word. Who does she think she is?

Now do not put me to another level when I say this. Do not think of my hate for her as something wholesome. I knew she was panicking. I could hear her breathing while she walked away, she was attempting to hide it. She would have panic attacks when we were children. It is something I had come to know very well with her. I could tell that was what had been conjuring up. So I left it alone. Not because I wanted to make things easier for her. But because I did not want to deal with it.

She is just another uninspired, mediocre, careless, dirty mouthed...girl. Which is absolutely nothing against women as a whole, I love women. In many ways actually. Sex is a large sum of that, but along with their minds, I read books, I know many women, the way they think. I also find them elegant, beautiful, deep minded.

I also knew Colette. I believed she was special then. When we were small. When all was innocent and times were good. Not a worry in the world. I believed she was everything. Unique and beautiful even. That was of course all until I realized she wasn't. She was ordinary.

After the whole "wedding" fiasco. My mother had sat me down. She spoke to me of spending more time with Colette. Ending our feud, being..."kind". All of which I did not understand. There was no reason to do such a thing. Mother calls our hatred towards each other childish. One without any reason at all. That she clearly did not understand. Once she had gone into a dive about how we were as children, telling stories and spilling how in awe she was over our friendship, I had to cut her off. I did not want to hear of that.

Though I respect her wish. I do love my mother. I would do anything to make her happy. Although I would rather do anything else than be forced to spend time with Colette. I will do it. But as soon as she does so much as rolls her eyes at me, I am done.

I stand up from my seat surrounding those I call my friends, cutting myself off without having to continue my thoughts on the situation.

"Harry, where are you going?" The one I would call my favorite of my friends, Léo, spoke. Leo was 20, my age. His hair a bright yellow blonde, strategically styled properly on the top of his head. Dark brown, almost black eyes being the windows of his face. I looked around as if I was searching for where it was in any way his business as to where I go in my time alone. Shrugging my shoulders my face still fairly void of emotion.

I debate whether I should actually tell him. Truth or not. I do not owe an answer to him regardless but if I told him anything at all would it be the truth? He just stares awaiting for me to say something. I watch his forehead crease a tad while he is probably wondering why I am just standing here silently.

"I need to go speak to Colette." I spit out without even deciding on what my lie would be. I had already spoken to him about what happened and what is to happen. I never heard the end of it. The teasing, laughter, judgement. I had walked out. It brought back my frustration. As if it was my choice to begin with. He knows it is not. But that would change nothing. His brows shoot up on his face in surprise, I know he did not expect that as an answer. Honestly I did not either.