Chapter 2

"Well those boys seemed lovely!" My mom says as we are putting my suitcase in the trunk of her car.

I nod and smile, happy that I have easily made a friend.

"Cute too" my mom glances at me with a smirk.

I laugh and hit her on the shoulder playfully, "Mom!"

We both get into the car and we begin to head outside the airport parking lot. I immediately plug in my phone so that it will charge.

"Are you excited to see the new house?" My mom asks perkily.

"Yeah I guess" I shrug.

"Oh come on, cheer up. It will not be that bad. We needed a change" She said glancing at me.

"I know I know" I admit, not making eye contact and looking out the window.

It's quiet for the rest of the way to the new house until we pulled into the driveway of a nice, white, two story house.

"Wow," I let out "it's beautiful"

My mom turns to me and smiles softly, "let's get your stuff out of the back and inside."

We both get out of the car and grab my suitcases and head towards the front door. My mom pulls out her keys, finds the house key and opens the door. This reveals the exquisite interior decor and I am instantly not totally regretting moving here. While I am looking around the living room I spot my little brother playing video games on the couch.

I drop my suitcases and run over and jump on the couch and squeeze him in a hug, "Sammy!"

"Emma ew stop get off!" He yells but can't help but laugh.

I hear my mom chuckle behind us and she says "okay Em, I will show you too your room."

I climbed off the couch and followed my mom up the stairs and we turned the corner into a hall and went to the last door on the left. When I opened the door it showed white blank walls and my old queen sized bed with the same sheets.

"Don't worry, you can add whatever you want now that you are here" my mom says sweetly as she puts her hand on my shoulder. She sets my stuff on the ground, "glad your here, I will let you settle in" she gives me a hug and turns out of the room.

I walk over to my bed and sit down with a sigh. I lay down and close my eyes for just a second and I was out.

---------

"Emma!" I heard my name being strung out as a I felt my bed bouncing up and down.

I opened my eyes a little bit and saw my little brother jumping on my bed repeatedly. I grab the pillow next to me and throw it at him.

"Ow!" he laughs as he plops down onto my bed in front of me. "Mom wants you to get out of bed and go somewhere. She says it will be better instead of staying in the house all day."

I groan and throw my feet off the bed and on to the floor. Sam bolts out my door and I slowly follow him down the stairs.

I meet my mom in the kitchen and give her a kiss on the cheek. I walk over to the island counter in the middle of the kitchen and sit down on a stool.

"Good morning sweetie, how did you sleep?" My mom asks with a warm smile.

"Pretty good, the jet lag has me exhausted" I say as she puts a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me, "wow this looks delicious thanks mom!"

"Your welcome, now when you are done with that I have to go to work and make up for some lost time. So while I am gone I want you to take your brother out somewhere, enjoy the new scenery, just be careful" My mom says.