Chapter 3

Ikea was only another 10 minutes away, so I entered it into the gps on my phone and followed the directions.

The furniture in my room is the only thing that was unsuccessfully shipped, we tried to fix it before I arrived here but there was some issues. When I was told that we were moving here I started packing up my stuff in advanced so it would have time to ship, including my car. I stayed with my best friend, Sydney, until it was time to send myself to Australia. But the furniture that was sending was only my bed frame, desk, and a dresser. The rest of the stuff in my room wasn't worth the hassle and extra money of moving across the world. Also that way I could buy some new stuff like bed sheets, a night stand, and basic decorations for my room. Yet another perk of moving.

We shortly ended up at Ikea and pulled into the parking lot. We got out of the car and entered the humongous store. I navigated as best as possible Which lead me to the back of the store and there was all different kinds of night stands, dressers, closets, everything.

I searched to find one that I liked that was fairly cheap. The first one I saw that caught my eye was a black basic bed side table and I grabbed the box and put it into the cart.

"Is that all? Are we ready? Can we leave now?" I heard my brother persistently saying into my ear. I just rolled my eyes and started walking a little faster.

We past by a mirror with a black border and it seemed light enough to easily hang on a wall. I placed it into the cart and started toward the decor aisle.

I saw the beautiful candid pictures and was mesmerized. I have loved taking photos ever since I was little. I decided that decorating the room would take more thought so I held off on buying any pictures. But I did buy a 'John Lennon Peace Poster' that looked very vintage and I have been in love with him and the Beatles for my whole life. I also bought a fabric poster artwork that looked so big it could fill my whole wall. It had a beautiful purple mandala and had all these other colors and I figured it would definitely add most of the color to my room.

After my brother was almost at the point of yelling at me to get out of the store, we were walking to the front.

We had everything checked out and I was so thankful my mom left money for me and my new room. She has been so supportive lately, she seems happy so that makes me happy as well.

We drive back to the house and while I am about to pull into the drive way I noticed someone at the house next door. It was a tall, skinny, blonde teenaged boy dressed in all black just getting out of a car walking up to the door of the house. He looked so familiar but I was unable to put my finger on from where. He turned around and just for a second I saw him lock eyes on me, as my eyes were locked on his. He broke the stare by turning around, almost seemingly annoyed, and walked inside.

My thoughts were racing. He looked so familiar, but I was still so new here and I didn't know anyone so how could that be.

My brother helped me by carrying in the mirror and I got the rest out of the trunk and locked the door, following my brother inside the door.

I walk in and go straight up the stairs to my room and put all the stuff on the floor then I ran back down to find my mom because I saw her car in the driveway.

I walk into the kitchen and see my mom sitting on the stool reading a book. I walk up behind her and gave her a huge hug. I felt her jump in my arms because she was startled and I laughed.

"Mom!" I laugh 

"Holy shit, you scared me!" she laughs back.

"I'm sorry" I say still giggling.