After Party 3

"Run! RUN!" I panicked

My body is filled with regret with a dash of confusion and an extra side order of petrified sauce. Almost felt like I teleported back outside.

"Keys! KEYS! Where the hell are my keys?!" I bawled out.

I looked inside the car window to just barely see my keys in the ignition. Proceeded to open the car door with hesitation. I was uncertain if the door would even open. Quickly, I rushed to turn the car on. Turned the key and nothing. Nothing at all. I tried again and nothing.

It was clear now. I was not supposed to be here. Not tonight. I just wanted to be a gentleman. I just realized I left the car running and left the headlights on while I walked my damsel in distress to her castle. I think I am going to be sick! My car is DEAD! Death is written everywhere tonight.

I started walking down the road aimlessly and with expedience. I tried not to think about my stress level while I watch the Uber app load up. Seemed like the loading circle kept going around and around. Around and around. Stops with the false hope of showing me its contents. Hysterically, I restarted the app and success. I entered my destination followed by my current location.

It is now the waiting game. Tracking my driver was the most painful feeling right now. The little car icon moved like molasses it seemed. After about eight minutes of waiting I can now see a set of headlights in the distance. The pair of lights glowed like embers in the darkness of the night. A gentleman whose name was Bryant, according to the app, came to my rescue. He was black, maybe late thirties, with a black skully concealing his bald head.

I entered the car. It was a Chevy Cruze. Must have been an older model. Not old, but not new either. He greeted me with a "How's it going?" and we rode off into the night. Something is not right about tonight. Not right at all. After some minutes, Bryant must have wanted to lighten up the mood in the car by asking me if I lived in the area. I replied to him that I lived about twenty minutes away. That is when he mentioned that his girlfriend lived on the same street I was picked up on. Not to mention that they were having relationship issues and are on a break.

"Charlene can be a bitch sometimes.", he mumbles. "My man, if your single, STAY SINGLE! I haven't been in my right mind for a minute. Not ever since this bitch been in my life. I can't shake her off though and I don't want to leave her alone.", he says. Bryant then lifts his phone to show me a picture of her from his lock screen. "Shit's crazy man. She is so fine and the problem is that she knows that!", Bryant explained.

The warm sensation of shock took over my body. What the hell is this? The woman we have been bringing back to life was indeed the woman I was with after the party. Her name is Charlene. Charlene was already haunting me. All the red. All the blood. Still makes no sense to me.

Trying to piece tonight together, I then realized Bryant was Charlene's boyfriend. Earlier when she revealed that she taken an Uber to the party; she was talking about this very same person. What are the odds of this happening to me? Someone is fucking with me!