IV.

THE RIDE: CHAPTER FOURSEPTEMBER 14TH, 2003

SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2003.

It was off the coast of San Paulo, sitting kindly between the green pastures of the tropical place. The man's first prized price outside of his hometown— his dream was playing out in real life.

But at what expense?

Dion Hicks never tried to think about that. It wasn't hard for him to think otherwise— he had bigger fish to fry in his kitchen.

The man was kneeled down comfortably, working his hands underneath a 1974's make of a Mustang II. The classic model had been given to him for fixing since the beginning of the previous month, and he was finally in the ending stages for it to be completed.

It was favorite part of being a car mechanic. Being able to the finished product, and watch it drift away smoothly from the hands of him.

The thing with this car in particular was that it was up for grabs tonight by any racer, as the start of Al Diablo was set. 

Al Diablo was every street racer and gamblers favorite time of the year in San Paulo. It was a set tradition that happened over the span of two months, three times out of every week.

A series of street races take place during that time, all through the country Brazil. It was one of the hottest after dark events in South America, gaining the attention and spark from other countries.

The biggest racers and top money makers from all over the country would come out to participate.

It was always something that Dion enjoyed watching, when he first got to the Southern continent— he didn't quite imagine himself being involved in the illegal activity.

It wasn't like it was his first go round with anything unlawful— but this surely did bring him to living out his dream and fascination with cars in the best way possible.

The man raised up from underneath the car, taking off his gloves and shielded glasses as he heard ruckus from the back.

It was none other than his dear friends, Omar and Adonis. He met the two here when he first got to San Paulo, and got involved in the street racing scene of things.

"Big D!" Omar exclaimed energetically, "what's good my boy?"

"You see me."

"How much is this going up for?" Adonis asked his friend, looking at the vehicle in awe.

"One rack to start off for the week." Dion spoke, "...it ain't up for sale quite yet. Just for use."