Before The Sorting

-•-•-
Sherlock's POV
-•-•-
"Finally," I grumbled as the train jolted to a stop. I slammed my book closed and jammed it in my bag. The whistle blew and the corridors between the compartments were instantly filled. I shoved past my annoying nosy older brother, Mycroft and merged into the crowd of black-robed students.

This would be my first Year at Hogwarts. I had heard about the Sorting and to be honest, it sounded dreadfully boring. I wasn't worried a bit. I am quite certain I will be in Ravenclaw.

I elbowed past a group of girls who turned to look at me. One I noticed, smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and kept going.

I burst out of the train and took a deep breath to calm myself. I hated humans. Especially the boring ones.

I climbed into an empty carriage. I opened up my book once again and started reading. I loved reading. It was my one way to escape this boring little world.

Suddenly the carriage jerked and boy came in. Hey had short hair and a kind face. "Can I sit in here?" he asked nervously.

I nodded absentmindedly and started reading again.

"My name is John-John Watson," he said.

I looked up from my book slowly. "That's nice," I said sarcastically and looked back down at my book.

The carriage lurched again and started moving. It bumped along the path, jostling us and making it harder to focus on my book.

"I wonder what makes these drive," John mumbled under his breath.

I looked up. "Isn't it obvious?" I asked.

"No," he said, "what is it?"

"It's obviously a thestral that is pulling the carriage," I said.

"A what?" he said.

"It's like a horse without fur. But it can only be seen by those who have seen someone die," I said.

"Oh," said John quietly then he added, "can you see them?"

"No," I said. "I've just read of them."

The carriage lurched to a halt. John smiled at me and we got out onto the crowded platform.

][][][][][][
Will Turner's POV
][][][][][][
Elizabeth clambered out of the carriage an smoothed her skirt. "Come on Will!" she beckoned

I smiled and climbed out after her. This would be our third year at Hogwarts and I was excited.

I ran after her and bumped into David, one of the many Smith kids to come to Hogwarts. He was in our year and one of my friends. He was walking with Jack and his girlfriend Rose. She was gorgeous. He smiled and waved with his free arm. His other arm was wrapped around Rose's shoulder.

I smiled at him and caught up to Elizabeth. She was talking to another Jack. This one was a fourth year Slytherin. He lived near us and was brilliant. He also almost always seemed to have at least ten girl friends.

"Hullo Jack," I said.

"That's Captain Jack to you," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Just because you are captain of the quidditch team doesn't mean we have to refer to you as captain," I said.

He shrugged and opened his mouth to say more when what I assumed was one of his current girl friends called his name from across the platform.

She had incredibly dark hair and looked Latin to me. Jack smirked and swaggered over to her. She greeted him with an incredibly passionate kiss. I turned away and looked at Elizabeth. She smiled brightly.

"So," she said, "I think it's time to head up to the castle."

><><><><
Loki's POV
><><><><
Ugh. Mud bloods everywhere.

"Come, Loki, you have to board the boats," Thor said pointing towards the dock and an old man who I had heard had bested a dragon. He was short. Incredibly short. So short that he was lost in the sea of first years around him. He also looked like he hadn't done anything but eat for quite some time.

I walked over to him and he smiled. "Hello young man," he said, "my name is Professor Baggins, I will be your Care of Magical Creatures teacher. What's your name?"

"Loki," I said frowning.

He smiled, "Ah, your Thor's brother! One of my best students!"

I smiled and nodded. Inside I was puking. All adults ever talked about was Thor it seemed. Thor's so strong! Thor's so brave! Thor's so handsome! Blah blah blah. And they wondered why I didn't like being by him.

Professor Baggins pointed me to the boats. Most of them were full. Some people were looking scared. I smirked. They were weak.

I scanned their faces till I found a boy with dark curly hair. He was looking around in a bored manner. I liked him.

I climbed over to his boat. He looked up at me. "I assume you want to sit here?" he said.

"You assumed correctly," I said.

He nodded. "I always do," he said watching me get in the boat. I sat down next to him. The sky was dark now and the wind was blowing gently.

He continued to stare at me.

"What are you doing? Am I bothering you?" I asked surveying him.

"Oh no. I was just learning that you are Loki and you have an older brother, Thor. You openly despise him and live in his shadow," he said.

"Who are you?! You have no right to say those things about me!" I said angrily, wondering whether or not to push him off the boat.

"I am Sherlock Holmes. And you will find it would be unwise to push me off this boat," he said calmly.

"Why would that be?" I growled.

"Simply because we are now more than half way across the lake and if you pushed me off, the force would rock the boat, making you fall off as well, also in the middle of a lake," he said.

I gaped at him. He was right. We were in the middle of the lake now. I frowned.

Sherlock smiled proudly. "I usually have that affect on people," he said.

I would've said more but suddenly the boats stopped. We were in what appeared to be tunnel with a stone walkway on one side. We all climbed out onto the stone. Professor Baggins pointed us up some large stone steps. On the other side was a large hallway with the ceiling towering above us. We were stopped at the top of the stairs by a man.

He had short hair and a weathered face. He was wearing dark red robes.

"Hello, soon to be Hogwarts students," he said, scanning the crowd.

"My name is Professor Pendragon. I will guide you from here. Now," he said gesturing to the large double doors behind him, "when you walk through these doors you will be sorted into one of the four Hogwarts houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin."

"Now follow me," he said. He turned and flung open the large doors and led us into the great hall.