CHAPTER 10 : UGH ! AS IF !

I knocked on the door of my friend's apartment, and waited for her to open it. "Coming !" she said in a chaotic voice.

She opened the door, a little out of breath and let me come in. She then led the way to her room. I put my bag on the ground, next to her bed and looked around her room.

This place felt like her. It was kind of messy, but pretty.

I also noticed that she had her drums in the middle of the room. Why is this so attractive to me? I thought to myself.

"I like your room." I said truthfully, looking at her. She looked at the ground, "Thanks," she replied, "now that you're settled, let's make cookies and watch a movie.

We went to the kitchen and took the utensils and ingredients that we needed. We started to bake together, chaotically.

We put flour almost everywhere : on our clothes, the counter, our faces. We laughed like maniacs–I laughed so hard that I ended up on the floor, breathless.

"Wait ! When is your dad coming home ? We have to clean this mess up, quickly !" I said panicking. Gwen sighed, "Don't worry, he's out of town for work," she chuckled, "he's coming back next week."

We finished baking the cookies. Gwen was washing the dishes and she told me to go change in my pajamas.

When I came back, the cookies were on a plate in front of the TV and Gwen was waiting for me on the couch to choose the movie.

"What do you want to watch ?" I questioned as I sat next to her on the couch. "I don't know, what do you want ?" "How about a rom-com ? Or a 90's/early 2000's classic ? Like 'Clueless' ?" "What's 'Clueless' ?" she asked, taking a bite out of the cookie she was holding.

I suddenly started choking on my own saliva, looked at her and asked in disbelief : "You are clueless about 'Clueless' ?". I took the TV remote, "Nah ah. Me being friends with someone that has never seen 'Clueless' ? Ugh ! As if ! " I said in a Cher voice as she just shrugged and looked at me with weird eyes.

The movie played and we both watched it while eating in a comfortable silence.

I think I fell asleep near the end, my eyes were closed because I couldn't keep them open but my mind was awake.

I heard Gwen turn the TV off, and I could feel her eyes on me. She moved and stood up. Now, she was standing in front of me. I heard her mumble something under her breath as she leaned closer to me to place a kiss on my forehead.

She then started carrying me in her arms, "Hey, mhmm..." I said in almost a whisper, "you don't have to... carry me... don't worry... I'll sleep... couch..."

"Shhh, " she shushed me, "you need to sleep."

She placed me delicately on her bed and covered my body with her warm blanket.

I didn't hear or feel her join me to sleep, but I couldn't know because I was sleeping now.