Partners In Crime

The Satellite Sector. What was once a part of Domino City was now but a barren waste land. Here we see a young man about 18 working on his Duel Runner. This was Sora Archer.

"Alright all finished" He said wiping the sweat from his forehead.

Sora's dream was to get out of the Satellite and become a World Champion Duelist

Sora's dream was to get out of the Satellite and become a World Champion Duelist. And there was one person who stood in his way. His old friend Jack Atlas.

"Sora, could you come in here for a second?" A voice called out from inside his house.

"Coming mom" Sora said as he entered the house.

Sora had been living with his mother Molly ever since he was a baby. She had been working three jobs just to support both her and Sora. Even though he had a job as a macanic it was still tough to make ends meet. Sora made a promise that when he became champion he would buy his mother a house and give her the life she deserved.

Sora entered the house and saw all the lights were out.

"Don't tell me the power is out again" Sora groaned.

Once he entered the kitchen he saw his mom standing by the table that had a chocolate frosted cake with birthday candles that were shaped in the number 18.

"Happy Birthday sweetie" Molly said.

"Awe mom you did have to do this" Sora said.

"Yes I did" Molly said smiling "Turning 18 is an important milestone for a lot of people"

"Thanks mom" Sora said hugging his mom. "And I mean for everything you've done for me all these years. And when I became a champion I'm gonna give you the life you deserve"

"Sora, I don't need a big fancy house to be happy" Molly said "Having you for a son is all I need"

"But mom you've done so much for me and I want to return the favor" Sora insisted "And when I do become champion you won't have to work anymore and live a worry free life"

"But how will you become champion?" Molly "You know the people in New Domino don't like us people from the Satellite"

"That's why I built my Runner, so I can use it to get to New Domino" Sora said "I'll find a way to the city mom and no one will stop me. Not even Sector Security"

"Well if you're gonna be a champion someday, you may this" Molly said handing her son a small rectangular box.

Sora opened the box and saw a duel monsters card inside. A Synchro monster.

"Chaos Ruler, The Chaotic Magical Dragon? I've never even heard of this card" Sora said.

"That's probably because it's one of a kind" Molly said "It was one of the last cards your father ever made before.... the incident"

"A card that dad made" Sora said to himself. Just then he heard a faint roar. He looked around to see where it came from. "Maybe I've been working too hard on the runner"