Chapter 2

Nikki's POV

I'm currently walking to my second class, History. And if I'm being honest, Biology (which was my previous class) wasn't all that fun. Mr. Lawler kept cracking dad jokes, it was pure torture.

The whole class seemed to be entertained, though. Except for me. Even Brie was. She was laughing so hard that she had to hit my table, she could've possibly hit me too.

I quietly entered History class with arms crossed and sat on a chair in the middle row, noticing Kelly Kelly's glares in my direction.

Michelle was there too. How unlucky can I be?

I decided to just ignore them and searched for a book. I didn't care which book, I wasn't actually going to read it. I just can't stand these bitches who think they're better than everyone else.

I pretended to be occupied and noticed Michelle whispering something to Kelly.

Trouble? I guess. Whatever it is, I don't want to be a part of it.

I looked elsewhere and saw John.

No, not John Mayer. John Cena, of course.

He was smiling, revealing his deep dimples. I can't help but stare at him.

My thoughts were interrupted as Kelly Kelly stood in front of the class.

"Listen up everybody", she batted her fake eyelashes and the whole room fell silent.

"I found out about something. I myself, was shocked about it. Everyone knows that I hate Nikki's guts, but let me tell you something. NIKKI LIKES JOHN. That's right people, what you heard is true. I guess that explains why Nikki always stares at John."

All eyes were on me. Some just stared. Some whispered about me. And all I wanted to do was run away.

"Surprised?" Michelle chuckled, "Sweet little AJ told me all about it. What a good friend, right?"

I wiped my tears and stormed out in rage, I didn't know where I was walking to but I just wanted to get away from everyone.

Finally, I decided to settle in the ladies' room. I live here now.

What if Michelle was telling the truth? But why would ever AJ do something like that?

Sure, she had a crush on John back then. But we were only in 6th grade that time, it's basically ancient history. Michelle's probably just making up stories, as she does.

I then, began to observe my reflection in the mirror. My makeup was ruined, my hair is ruined, and I am ruined. "What would John say? He'll probably stay away from me now."

"Nikki?"

I turned around to see John at the ladies' room entrance.

"Leave me alone" I sobbed.

He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, letting me cry on his shirt.

"Don't worry, I know they were lying."

I looked up at him in disbelief, "W-What?"

"You know, what Kelly said. I mean, there's no way you would ever like me." John simpered.

"Then why did you think I walked out?" I asked in confusion.

"Nobody wants such dumb stories made about them. Like, you crushing on me." He uttered.

I wiped my tears away and agreed "Yeah, 'maybe' you're right."

"So, you want to go back to class?"

"No. I'm fine. You can go back, if you want to." I assured with a smile.

"Hmm.. I think, I'm going to stay" he replied.

"What do you mean? You're in the ladies' room, dingus." I laughed, "Your friends will make fun of you, I swear."

He locked his eyes with mine, "Well, I'd rather take their jokes about me than leave you here."

I grinned.

"Oh and by the way, don't ever think that I'll stay away from you. Because I'm incapable to, more than you know."