š—œš˜ š—Ŗš—®š˜€š—»'š˜ š— š—²

You were living a very normal and quiet life before the arrow from your dream hit you

You were living a very normal and quiet life before the arrow from your dream hit you. As it turns out, however, the whole thing was not a dream, so from now on, you had to live with the consequences of it. The very real consequences.

Huh? Is that back there...? You squeezed your eyes shut to get a better look at the two people at the intersection. "Oh, Josuke?" You asked yourself aloud and saw the person looking at you before walking in your direction. You smiled at him as you saw the person next to im. "And Koichi? No..."

"It's Hazamada." The person spoke out in a serious manner while having a light blush on his cheeks. I can't believe I'm talking to a girl!

"Ah, sorry." You apologize. It wasn't like you knew all of his friends, and they kinda looked similar in your opinion. "You two are kind of the same size. Anyway, did you find the person you were looking for this morning?" You asked Josuke, who tensed slightly at your question.

Hazamada's eyes and the ones of his stand met for a few seconds before he answered you. "Yes! Ehm, it was nothing, wrong track, it's all...cool now."

You looked at the stand user and his stand silently for a few seconds. They both started to sweat a bit nervously under your inspecting gaze when you didn't say anything even after a while. "You're acting weird." You finally said, letting Hazamada's heart stop at your statement. Did you figure out their trap? "But I don't really have the time to find out what it is - no, that's actually a lie. In truth, I just don't feel like it. Have a nice day, you two." You said your goodbye to the two of them and went on your way while you thought about what to eat tonight.

Should I cook something? I'm feeling a little lazy, though...

You couldn't help but feel exhausted since this whole stand thing happened. You had gotten used to living somewhat alone and the peace that comes with it. Now, it felt you had three new roommates out of nowhere, and they all had the strangest personalities. The radio host's voice was no longer the only one echoing through your walls.

At least they were cute.

"Oh! Hey!" a voice called out to you, bringing you out of your thoughts. You looked a little confused at Josuke and Koichi, who were standing in front of you a little out of breath. "Josuke...?" You said, a bit confused and pointed behind you with your thumb. "I just saw you a few minutes ago, didn't I? Wait, is this some kind of prank?"

He looked at you with his eyes wide open and grabbed your shoulders in panic. "What!? did something happen? That was the enemy stand user we were looking for this morning." He explained, looking a bit dissolved. "Turns out that he is a creepy guy who can copy the appearance of others with the help of a doll."

You looked a little shocked at what he had said. No wonder why you felt a weird vibe from the two of them. "Well, that explains a lot, actually. I just saw them for a bit. Nothing crazy happened, though." You answered, and he let out a relieved sigh at what he heard and then went back to his normal self. "So, how was your day? I heard you have a few important exams coming up."

You shrugged your shoulders. "Yeah, it kinda ruins my mood, but it's nothing too bad. Heard you had a few difficulties in the last English test, though."

Josuke shyly rubbed his neck while looking away. "Well, you're right, actually, maybe we should - "

He was interrupted before he could continue making lame small talk with you. He should really come up with some other topics to talk to you about if he wanted to bring your relationship outside of school. "Josuke! We really don't have time for this!" Koichi exclaimed in exasperation. He then looked up at you. "I'm so sorry, but we're really in a hurry. I hope you don't mind catching up later and again - sorry for cutting this short!" Koichi apologized deeply to you for having to leave so suddenly.

Josuke blinked a few times. It was as if he had momentarily forgotten why they were so stressed in the first place. "Right." He said after realizing the urgency of the matter. "See you later!"

You waved at them a bit hesitant after the abrupt goodbyes before continuing on your way. Strange, recently we've been running into each other completlately out of nowhere...

It wasn't that you rarely saw each other. You went to the same school, and even though Josuke was a year under you, you still saw each other in the hallways quite often. Somehow, he always noticed you in the crowd and waved at you, and it wasn't like you couldn't notice his presence either. This was Josuke we were talking about here, and where he was, the whispering and shrieking of girls was usually not that far away.

He really is quite popular, especially with the girls.

But that wasn't the only place you saw him. Some school friends of yours offered tutoring to other students in the afternoons at the library for some extra credits. It was mostly the lower grades that showed up there.

You were pretty good when it came to the subjects English and Arts. Whereas you were really just modest when you said that because writing or interpreting texts and artworks just came to you naturally. Plus, it wasn't that unusual for your name to pop up in the top three spots when the results for exams were posted on the board. That's why you sometimes helped out with the well...helping you guessed.

As long as the questions were not related to numbers and stuff. You really needed help yourself at that department.

To get to the point, Josuke was at this tutoring service quite often. From your point of view, he seemed to have a lot of difficulties with the material, especially in Arts and sometimes English. You helped him as much as you could, though towards the end you mostly got away from studying and started discussing something absurd - for example what you would do if you realized that the spider that bit you theoritically was not a normal one, but a radioactive one. Then all of a sudden you wake up and you're Spiderman, so what do you do in that situation?

Yeah, you've gone through this scenario several times with different superheroes. At this point, if you were suddenly hit by a large amount of gamma rays, you knew exactly what to do.

"This is so stupid..." you whispered out with a slight smile as you thought back at these situations. You stopped walking for a moment and looked behind you, but as expected, Josuke and Koichi were long gone. "...really stupid."

How could it happen that your normal boring life was suddenly turned upside down like that? Some supernatural forces had to have some influence. After all, you weren't just some random character in a stupid movie.

Actually, it was quite weird to admit that that wouldn't be the craziest thing that happened to you.

To Be Continued...