Chapter 2: Birth of a Villainess

Velvet's POV:

"So did my world come to an end." I thought. "And for three long years, I sat in that pit of darkness... and fed." I thought, as I ate a tiger daemon. "Devouring daemons so I could live and free myself from despair's icy grip." I said. "So I could live long enough to kill him and thaw that ice with his blood, his torn limbs, and ripped flesh and be my brother's vengeance." I added, as I looked up.

Third Person's POV:

In the prison island Titania, the therion Velvet was then pulled down to the floor by a strange blue light that was somehow draining her strength. Then, the hatch above her cell opened as a metal ladder came down and a red-headed woman with a mask over her eyes came down as well and landed in the cell. She looked for the prisoner and spotted her getting up. Velvet sprung and lunged her left hand grabbing the woman and pressed her against the wall of the cell. But then, her arm caught fire as she tossed the red-headed woman away but landed as gracefully when she came down into the cell.

Velvet's POV:

"Where is he?! I demand you tell me." I shouted. "How long has it been now? For how long have you survived in darkness, feeding on daemons?" Seres asked, as I grabbed her neck. "How deep is your hatred? How you yet plunged the depths of it, Velvet Crowe?" She asked. "You are his malak. So, where is he? Where is Artorius?!" I shouted. "We have no time for an explanation. I have broke many seals on my way here. Any exorcists will notice easily. If you wish to escape this place, we must act now." Seres said. "Hmph." I said, as I let her go. Then, I climb up the ladder and out of the cell.

"You will need equipment. There is a storage room this way." Seres said, then a door opened as people in white with weapons came in. "The prisoner escaped! Don't let her leave this room!" One person shouted, as they charged. "Exorcist orderlies!" Seres said, as she raised her hand and set one on fire. But, he just shook it off. "Move it." I said. "A therion like you cannot defeat an exorcist." She said, as I walked up and two exorcists did as well. I charged at the one with the sword as he swung but I kicked then slammed him down. Then, I was hit by something. I spin, charge the exorcist then jab them in the chest. "Velvet!" Seres shouted, as something grabs my left arm and the other exorcist fired an energy ball at my right arm. "I'm not done yet." I thought, as I activate my daemon claw. "Hrrah!" I shouted, swinging my left arm and sending the third exorcist into the other and freeing my arm. "Done and done." I thought. "This way." Seres said, as I go into the next corridor. "This way." Seres said, going right as I go left. "Come back!" She shouted. "You went that way when you broke the seals right? I'm not stupid. We go this way." I said.

*** 

"I thought you only had offensive skills with no mind for anything else. It seems I was wrong." Seres said. "Because we somehow ran into the storage room you talked about?" I asked. "Yes." She replied, as I spotted a gauntlet blade. "Hmm. They still have it here." I thought, as I placed it on my right arm and unsheathed the blade. "All I care about is Artorius. I will use anything at my disposal to see him dead." I said, as I take some rope. "Hmm?" I said, as I spot a sheathed sword and picked it up. "Quite a blade." I said. "That sword looks like Stormwhowl. But why is it here?" Seres asked. "It looks too big for me to wield effectively." I said. "A shame. Stormhowl is a fantastic blade." She said. "And if I can't use it, it's worthless." I said. "You have been locked in this prison for three years now and a lot has changed. The world has changed greatly since your absence. Wouldn't you like to know what's happened?" Seres said. "Exorcists are patrolling the land, fighting against the daemons with the help of-" She said. "Tell me, where is Artorius?" I asked. "He is in the capital of Midgand, Loegres." Seres replied, as I walked to the door. "Are you not curious about what you saw that night? I can tell what you witnessed." She said.