Chapter 22 : Amnesia

* * * * *

In order to destroy the biggest evil organization in Japan, Kaitlyn's agency was fully engaged in preparations throughout the day, with all missions on hold and all agents gathered at the new headquarters. On the other hand, during the night, Kaitlyn woke up. Indeed, her injuries were nothing compared to her family. The female agent named Sera, who was assigned to accompany her, immediately called for the nurse using the bell button.

"Hey, can you hear me?" Sera asked with concern, as the doctor had mentioned that Kaitlyn would have permanent hearing loss. Kaitlyn didn't answer, so Sera thought Kaitlyn really couldn't hear her.

"What happened?" Kaitlyn finally uttered her first words since she woke up.

Sera immediately had a bad thought, and asked out loud to confirm if her thoughts were correct. "Do you remember your name?"

Kaitlyn didn't answer so Sera asked again in a louder voice, "Your name?!"

"I don't know."

At that moment, a doctor and a nurse were approaching the room. They heard Sera's loud questions and entered to examine Kaitlyn. Sera stayed watchful, considering the possibility that the doctor and nurse could be members of the Shadow Organization seeking to harm Kaitlyn.

The results of the examination showed that Kaitlyn had experienced long-term amnesia. However, Kaitlyn didn't forget how to do common activities, such as using a pen. Additionally, she also had cognitive delays due to her brain injury.

With the examination completed, the doctor and nurse left Sera and Kaitlyn alone in the room. The doctor had suggested that Kaitlyn go back to sleep, but Kaitlyn insisted and asked Sera to tell her about herself.

"Your name is Kaitlyn Kanegawa, sixteen years old. You have a father and a mother." Sera began, hoping that mentioning her family might trigger some memories. However, Kaitlyn remained blank. Sera continued, speaking loudly to ensure Kaitlyn heard her.

"You have been a karate athlete since a young age, and you are known as the pride of Japanese karate athletes. You have remained undefeated in two hundred and ten consecutive matches since your first competition. You have been participating in international tournaments, and recently, you won a gold medal in the Olympics."

"Behind your fame, you're also a secret agent, and even your family doesn't know about it. You joined our secret agent organization when you were twelve years old, recruited by a man named Yosuke Takato." Sera scratched her head. "I don't know the details, have you remembered anything?"

Kaitlyn had been staring at Sera blankly the whole time, and finally said, "Sorry, what did you say?"

Sera was shocked, her mouth tilted into a half smile with a slight twitch. "So you didn't listen to me all this time?!"

She composed herself, realizing that this would be troublesome. But no matter what, it was her mission to protect Kaitlyn.

"Where is my family? Why aren't they here?" Kaitlyn expressed her thoughts with a blank face.

"Uh, you haven't told me either," Kaitlyn looked at Sera with a pleading face, "What happened before I lost my memory?"

* * * * *

Early in the morning, several snipers were already positioned on the nearest island to the enemy island. They were preparing to shoot fire towards all the trees that could be burned. The leaders, as usual, were in one room giving commands. Except for Yosuke, who was a skilled sniper, he also went along on the ship.