Chapter 20 : Clashes Between Organizations

*****

I was in the car with Sir Takato on our way to the headquarters. Since the atmosphere was quiet, I launched the question that had been on my mind to discuss with him.

"We're going to let the members of the evil organization to check on my family and my conditions. I don't think it's a problem to let them know that my parents are in a coma. Well, they already know the hospital's location, and my parents can't be moved due to their condition." I lowered my head and glanced at my phone screen - which was off - to see my face covered in bandages. "And they'll know that I'm fine. In fact, I was the one who disposed of the bomb, so we're all still alive."

"The thing is, when people find a hot coin, they would immediately think it's suspicious. But no one would immediately think it's a bomb and go to remove it."

Sir Takato understood what I was trying to say and continued, "They'll likely realize that you're not an ordinary person and will soon find out that you're a secret agent."

He then smiled, "No problem. By the time they realize it, we'll already be executing our plan to take them down."

We drove for half an hour deeper into another forest, and stopped in front of a building hidden among the trees. Stepping out of the car, we quickly made our way inside, where the other leaders of the organization were waiting for us. With people watching around, Sir Takato and I entered the meeting room.

After carefully closing the door, I glanced around the room as I walked to an empty seat. There were three people in the room besides us, with two of them being leaders. The one person I didn't know must be here for a reason, just like me, who was here because I introduced the Shadow organization - I didn't tell the organization's name though. I sat next to Sir Takato and the unknown person, and this evening's meeting begun.

In our organization, the leaders were known by numbers, and Sir Takato held the position of number 2. Leader number 3 was a sharp-eyed woman, while leader number 1 was a muscular man who began the conversation during the meeting. He informed us that our agents had been tailing the suspicious man who had been spying on my family. However, this person seemed to be onto our plan, as he aimlessly wandered after leaving the hospital.

Despite the challenges, we eventually managed to catch him and intended to extract information from his cell phone. Unfortunately, he took his own life and destroyed his phone to prevent us from gaining any valuable data. But our skilled organization was able to repair the phone.

Although the data was lost, we still got another benefit from it. Before this meeting, the evil organization had called the phone, unaware that its owner, Katsura as referred to by the Shadow Organization, had died. Seizing this opportunity, we deceived the Shadow organization by using Katsura's voice.

Thus, the new plan emerged: to gather information by having one of our skilled agents, Asuma Yoichi, disguise himself as Katsura. With a friendly smile, Yoichi introduced himself as a 24-year-old with a similar build to Katsura's, frequently assigned to undercover missions. While Yoichi posed as Katsura, other agents would keep a watch from a distance.

I tried not to raise my expectations about this plan. Whether it was Katsura, the firefighter, or the individual who had planted the bomb in my mom's wallet, they all had something in common: they all had no real background and were once homeless.

In other words, they were like my grandparents. They only accepting assignments and not getting too deeply involved with the organization.

The meeting had ended. Everyone stood up and tidied up things before leaving. Sir Takato asked if I would be going out for dinner after this. Now that I thought about it, the last time I ate was in the morning. I told him that I would eat at a restaurant near here so I could return to headquarters immediately when the Shadow Organization contacted.