Part 4

Akshara was working in her kitchen thinking about the past five days since Ridhima had moved in as a paying guest with the Sharmas. Even though their interactions had been limited due to Ridhima's busy schedule at the hospital, Akshara couldn't help but notice the positive energy and warmth that emanated from her. Ridhima had quickly formed a strong bond with Abhir. It was evident that Ridhima is calm and humble. She admired how Ridhima effortlessly bonded with Abhir, and her expertise as a pediatrician shone through in their interactions.

A couple of days ago when Akshara and Ridhima had a chance to talk one-on-one. In that moment, Akshara felt a sense of comfort and ease, a remarkable connection with Ridhima. She had never truly opened up about her long-lost dreams with Abhinav. Not because he didn't care, but because their conversations were often simple and focused on practical matters. Dreams and passions were rarely discussed. But something about Ridhima's presence made Akshara feel understood, as if she could share her innermost thoughts without fear of judgment. She took a deep breath and decided to embrace this newfound comfort. She shared with Ridhima her yearning to sing again, expressing her longing for music in her life but feeling uncertain about how to begin anew.

—----

Ridhima's passion for her job as a Doctor reminded Akshara a lot of Abhimanyu, who had dedicated himself to the medical field as well. Lost in her musings, Akshara tried to rationalize her feelings. She reminded herself of the boundaries she had set, the decision to prioritize her present life with Abhinav and their small family. The calmness and stability they had created together had been a long-sought-after dream, and she was determined not to let her past feelings resurface and disrupt their peace.

With a deep breath, Akshara pushed aside her thoughts and refocused on the task at hand. She immersed herself in the rhythmic movements of the kitchen, allowing the familiar activities to ground her and bring her back to the present moment. Although she tried not to dwell on the thought, it had been fifteen days since she last saw Abhimanyu. The longing to catch a glimpse of him had grown almost unbearable, and she yearned for an opportunity to interact with him, even if just for a brief moment.

Akshara took a deep breath, willing herself to stay calm and not get too caught up in her emotions. She reminded herself that they had both chosen to move on and that their paths had diverged. Yet, the longing remained, and the desire, even if only briefly, tugged at her heart.

As she waited, Akshara tried to distract herself by engaging in making Jam. However, her mind kept wandering, replaying memories of Abhimanyu and their moments together. The anticipation of their potential encounter filled her with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Time ticked by slowly, but finally, she heard the sound of the front door opening. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized that Abhimanyu and Abhir had returned. Gathering her thoughts and emotions, Akshara prepared herself for the possibility of having a small interaction with him.

Taking a deep breath, she made her way out of the kitchen, hoping that today would be the day she could see Abhimanyu again, even if it was just for a fleeting moment.

—--

Abhimanyu was standing outside Sharma house with Abhir, a hint of nostalgia tugging at his heart. It had been 15 days since he last saw Akshara, and while he appreciated the distance and the space it afforded him, there was an undeniable ache to catch a glimpse of her once more. The separation had been a necessary step, allowing him to focus on his work and mend his own wounds, but a part of him longed for that familiar connection they once shared.

Despite the absence of Akshara in his life, Abhimanyu had found solace and a renewed sense of joy in his unexpected reunion with Ridhima. They had effortlessly slipped into a routine that felt as comfortable as if the last decade had never transpired. Lunches together became a cherished tradition, filled with laughter, reminiscing about their college days, and even indulging in light-hearted banter as they judged the people around them. They could talk about anything under the sun, their conversations flowing freely without any hesitation or awkwardness.