Part 9

Inside the room, Ridhima could see the turmoil in Abhimanyu's eyes. She knew that confronting his feelings for Akshara was not an easy task, but she also understood the importance of acknowledging the truth. As she held his hand, she spoke with gentle determination, trying to help him see what was right in front of him.

Abhimanyu looked at Ridhima in shock, not expecting such a straightforward question. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before responding, "It doesn't matter, Ridhima. Akshara is with Sharma Ji now, and she seems happy with him."

Ridhima shook her head gently, feeling the need to clarify what she had observed. "I don't think Akshara truly loves Sharma Ji," she said. "I saw the hurt in her eyes tonight when you mentioned we were dating. She might be confused about her feelings, but deep down, she still cares for you."

"Are you saying that Akshara might still have feelings for me?" Abhimanyu asked, his voice tinged with hope and disbelief.

Ridhima nodded empathetically. "Yes, Abhi. From what I've seen, it's evident that she still cares deeply for you. I've noticed the way she looks at you when you're not aware, the small smiles she can't help but give when you're around, and the way she lights up whenever you two interact. It's like there's an unspoken connection between you both."

As Ridhima spoke, Abhimanyu's mind swirled with conflicting emotions. He wanted to believe that what Ridhima said was true—that Akshara still loved him—but his heart was guarded. He had been hurt before, and he didn't want to get his hopes up only to be disappointed again. He feared that reaching out to Akshara might open old wounds for both of them.

Abhimanyu looked torn between his desire to believe Ridhima and his fear of getting hurt again. "I've been hurt for so long, Ridhima," he confessed, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "I can't handle the thought of going through that pain again."

Ridhima nodded understandingly. "I know it's scary, Abhi, but love is never without risks," she said gently. "And sometimes, it's worth taking a chance on the person who has always held a special place in your heart."

She continued to explain that she had been living with Akshara and Abhinav for more than a month, and it was evident that something was amiss between them. Akshara hardly talked to Abhinav beyond Abhir, and Ridhima had noticed how Akshara seemed more at ease and relaxed with Abhimanyu. She urged him to consider that maybe Akshara was holding back her feelings out of fear—fear of getting hurt, fear of risking her heart again.

Abhimanyu listened attentively, his heart both hopeful and apprehensive about what Ridhima was about to say. "Akshara hardly talks to Abhinav beyond matters related to Abhir," she continued. "I've seen her with you, Abhi, and it's like she's a different person—free, relaxed, and genuinely happy. But with Abhinav, it's different. They don't share that deep connection."

As Ridhima shared her observations and thoughts with Abhimanyu, he listened intently, trying to process the gravity of her words. The truth of her words resonated with him on a deeper level, stirring the emotions he had been trying to suppress. He couldn't deny that he still loved Akshara, and it pained him to think that she might not be as happy in her current marriage as she deserved to be.

"But Ridhima, she's married now. She has a life with Abhinav, and I don't want to disrupt that," Abhimanyu said, his voice tinged with both longing and restraint.

Ridhima placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I understand your hesitation, Abhi, but sometimes we need to take a chance on love. Life is too short to hold back our feelings, especially when there's a chance for happiness with someone we truly love."

She continued, "You and Akshara have a history that can't be ignored. The connection between you two is undeniable, and I can see it in your eyes every time you talk about her. She may have moved on and built a life with Abhinav, but that doesn't mean her heart is completely free from the love she once had for you."