Road Trip (L)

Louis

ComicCon weekend was quite the adventure, but Louis didn't mind getting back to work. Work was home. It was comfortable with Harry and the boys. Weirdly, he missed Phillip sometimes too, which wasn't something he'd really experienced as an actor. But the whole dynamic of the show felt special; maybe the panel discussions made him realize they had something no one could ever recreate. It wasn't about the writing, directing, or acting. It was about how the entire production team just blended easily together and created a world that became as real to the audience as it did the characters.

On the drive back to LA, Harry couldn't stop looking at the Shibari pictures Louis had taken for him. "Are you going to show anyone these?"

"Do you want me to show them to anyone?" Louis tested.

There was an unspoken understanding that Harry was specifically referring to the boys only. Harry was becoming famous now so they had to be careful with what people saw. That was why Louis only trusted Club Voyeur for public play. Everyone that entered had to sign an NDA and most of the people inside were famous, too. Surveillance was everywhere; photos were only allowed in the private rooms.

Harry smiled at Louis and shrugged. He was getting harder to embarrass, but he wasn't immune.

"As if it isn't inevitable." Louis rolled his eyes and popped his sunglasses on. "I'll decide when."

Harry was delighted with that arrangement. "I think I remember you saying I didn't go all the way under? That can't be possible because I was.. gone, Lou. It felt so fucking good. Wanna do it all the time." Harry pulled his long hair up into a high bun so it was out of the way when he leaned back against the headrest.

"You were under, but I never lost you completely. I suspect you're going to slip completely out of consciousness the day I send you to subspace," he looked at Harry, "... intentionally." Wicked grin.

"How are you going to do that?" Harry pushed his sunglasses down so he could peer over the frames and bat his pretty green eyes.

Louis gripped the wheel and licked his lips. "I'll work you up for hours, get you nice and frustrated all day long with no relief. Then I'll...." he peeked away from the road just long enough to say, "Never mind."

"Louuuuuuuuuu!" Harry pouted.

"It's more fun to surprise you! Besides, I like to make it up as I go. I'll wait for the right time and then have my way with you. Now get your feet off the dash, that's not safe, Harold.

*******

They only had three normal days of shooting before they were back on the road. This time, they would head to the desert to film on location. There was a big studio space in a tiny town where every business catered to the filming industry, in one way or another. It was Hollywood's best kept secret. There were a few restaurants, no major hotels, but several high dollar homes for cast and crew to stay in during filming.

There were only three restaurants to choose from, but one of them mostly focused on catering to the studio. If people knew about this place, there would always be tourists and amateur paps lurking at the one of the two gas stations, but it seemed like only locals were there when they arrived.

It was nice to walk around and talk to strangers without being treated like a celebrity for a change. They knew who he was, they just didn't care. These locals spent more time around stars and their crews than they did with "normal people."

The boys drove up in a big SUV together instead of taking their own cars like they did to ComicCon. Louis drove and Zayn sat up front with him because Harry said Louis needed some "time with his bestie."