Don't Piss Off Your Ancestors (H)

Harry

Thanks to the resurrection spell, Nate's ancestors were pissed. They'd sent him cryptic dreams, urging him to follow their instructions to earn their forgiveness. There would be a trial of challenges to test the purity of his soul, since necromancy usually left a warlock permanently corrupted.

It was Nate's turn to be a little evil this season. He would be fighting against his own evil urges for the season while he battled for his soul's mortality. It gave the writing team room to create visually impactful scenes in unique settings (like Peru) which would keep the show from becoming too repetitive.

The season long plotline would have them traveling all over the place to film on location, but Harry had never had money to travel before, so he was just excited to see the world with everyone. Filming schedules would be demanding, but Liam would get the worst of it since he'd be the focus this time. Which Louis relentlessly teased him about and said he was going to send him pictures of them napping every time Liam was on set and they weren't.

But Harry would hide Louis's phone and make Liam lots of snacks instead.

"Holy shit, Zayn!" Louis said as he looked up at the actors on stilts, dressed like trees that looked completely real.

Zayn smiled at him but didn't stop his work on the cage he was building out of tree branches and twine.

Harry took in everything in complete awe. Zayn was an actual magician. Everything looked so authentic. There was a moss covered altar that looked like it'd been there for centuries. On one side leading up to it, there were parallel rows of fake trees that Harry only knew were fake because they were all rigged up with wires. They weren't allowed to hurt anything in the jungle, so they must have been fake. Right? Oh yeah, they had extension cords plugged into them that lead to the generator. Cool.

"Zayn, how do you do all this in one day?" Harry asked, studying the runes on the altar.

"You guys act like they don't give me an FX crew to help," he laughed. Being too modest.

"Alright, you three, we are about ready to start, but I'm going to make you do something that will make you hate me first. But you'll do it because you got a whole day off and I didn't, so you feel bad and want to make me happy." Niall stated.

"Oh, is that right?" Louis asked with his hands on his hips.

"Yes. Your costumes are great, but you've been roughing it in the jungle for hours, so I'm going to need you three to go for a run and come back all authentically sweaty and sexy for me. Run fast, we are starting in 10."

They all groaned, but Harry started sprinting without complaint, and the others followed.

They'd been dressed in tank tops and jeans for this one. Phillip was in army green, Tommy in black (always), and Nate in white as if he'd just taken his overshirt off. His turn to be the sexy one with the practically transparent wet shirt. He's lucky he got a shirt at all because Harry usually didn't. He not so secretly loved it, though. Harry would be naked all the time if he could. He liked feeling free.

They ran as fast as they could since jogging wouldn't be enough, and thanks to the humidity, it worked just as Niall had planned. He motioned for them to get to their markers. There was more running for the first scene. Good thing they were all in shape. Lou always said he's not in interviews for some reason, but it's a blatant lie; he outran both Harry and Liam. Which was fine because that just meant Harry got to watch his perfect little ass.

"Harry, focus! Ok boys, let's get right to it before you catch your breath. Rolling!"

Mike was holding the camera in front of them, riding backward on a wheeled platform attached to a camouflaged track with the boom mic guy, Steven.