Volume 1. He Needs To Be A Leader

We don't talk about that incident that occurred in the cafeteria that occured a mere hour ago. Everyone forgot about it. Even the girl. Velvet, is was she introduced her name as.

Ruby insisted that we'd check on her in the during the downtime that we had before classes started.

Velvet was hesitant but still was happy to meet them.

Not me, I just sat at my seat. Not introducing myself to Velvet. My teammates tried to explain my situation, and how I was a studious type. Working on the project that the professors gave us.

The Faunus rights and wars. The current subject we're learning about. This was also a lesson that I paid attention to. Not because of the hard topic. That was nothing, Ayster was about unity (although there's been an uprising with political issues.) But what I like about this class, is rather to listen into other people's opinions on the matter.

I am a part of Ayster's Liberty and Freedom. Modern Innovators of Liberty are Freedom. Yeah, yes, I am aware of the acronym. Miwa was a factor to its name, but it's also been a big success in creating an even plain for Ayster. Due to that, the Himekawa's primary Rie (My other fiancé) is able to over look its name.

I should not also be the one to name it. I name things to literally. My Semblance is called 'Imperfect Appraisal' because that is what it is.

"Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War-- humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie. Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?" Our Professor Oobleck asks the class.

Quite a few of the Faunus students raise their hands. I glance at Blake, her hand slightly shaking from that answer.

"Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" Weiss raises a hand. "Yes?" Oobleck chose her.

"The battle at Fort Castle!"

"Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune and with the assistance of Imai forces?"

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

"Hey!" Jaune whisper-shouts at Cardin.

"Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" Oobleck zooms in front of Jaune's face.

"Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..."  Jaune looks behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer. "...had over that guy's stuff..." he sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer. "Uhh... oh! Binoculars!"

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck (back at the front of the class) sips his coffee. Pyrrha and I sigh and slap a hand to our forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chortling.

"Oh! Well, I guess we have a jokester amongst us. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!"

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." Cardin retorted.

I open my mouth. "Night vision." Which was the correct answer. "Although not all Faunus' have that ability. But that was something that Lagune overlooked in his strategy. That General was inexperienced and made common and very easily overlooked holes in defense. Lagune was eventually kidnapped."