Ch 16: Unleashing of Ava and the Battle for Survival

After Harimi's introduction, we started eating. Rudy expressed his desire to join us, but Ayami firmly refused. Harimi and I then headed to a nearby restaurant, where we unexpectedly encountered Diablo.

"Hey, Diablo, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Ah, Higami-sama, I'm preparing something for you," Diablo replied.

"In that case, would you like to eat with us?" I offered.

"It would be my honor, Higami-sama," Diablo accepted graciously.

"Hey, Higami-chan, who is that?" Ayami inquired.

"That's my personal butler," I explained.

"I see," Ayami nodded.

We continued to enjoy our meal until it was time to part ways. However, Harimi chose not to accompany me.

"Hey, Harimi-chan, why are you following me?" I asked curiously.

"I want to stay with you for a while," Harimi replied.

"Hmm, but you're at Rudy's castle," I pointed out.

"It's okay. I have obtained approval from my parents and the king of this kingdom to be with you," Harimi assured me.

That night, I slept with Harimi by my side.

-Flap to Graduation-

"Now, we will listen to the student representative from last year," the MC announced.

I stepped forward.

"Speak-ing," I began.

During the celebration, a sudden explosion erupted.

"What's happening?" I exclaimed.

"I don't know," the MC responded, bewildered.

The sky turned a bloody red hue as two figures appeared.

"You mortals, 2000 years ago, you defeated me. Now, I have returned to witness your despair once more," Ava declared.

"What? 2000 years ago... Could it be Ava?" I questioned.

"That's right, master," Ciel confirmed.

"Why do I feel she is so strong?" I pondered.

"That's correct, master. She is now twice as strong as you, even at full power," Ciel informed me.

"Why is she so strong?" I wondered.

"Perhaps when she was overthrown by the tribes, she somehow managed to preserve her soul and reincarnate. And during those 2000 years, she trained or acquired power," Ciel speculated.

After listening to Ciel's explanation, I was left stunned. If I couldn't defeat her, the world would be doomed.

"Ciel, calculate my chances of winning," I requested.

"Calculating... The answer is 15%," Ciel replied.

"Why so low?" I questioned.

"Considering her strength is twice yours, 15% is still relatively high," Ciel explained.

After conversing with Ciel, I made a decision.

"Ni-san, everyone, evacuate. The evil god Ava has returned, and she is much stronger than before," I commanded.

"What? Hasn't the evil god Ava already been defeated?" one of my comrades asked.

"Yes, why is she here?" another added.

"I don't want to die!" a frightened voice cried out.

Despair filled the air as students, teachers, and adults hurriedly evacuated to safety. I took to the skies and stood before Ava.

"Why are you here?" I demanded.

"Who are you?" Ava responded.

"I am Higami Valentine, daughter of Hilina Valentine and Gaigashi Dragonoi. Tell me, how did you survive the battle 2000 years ago?" I pressed.

"Ah, it's simple. I just..." Ava started to explain.

"No matter how strong you are or who you are

, I won't allow you to destroy this world," I asserted firmly.

"Is that so? Then die!" Ava retorted.

"Master, get out of the way!" Ciel urgently warned.

Following Ciel's advice, I swiftly dodged as Ava unleashed an attack that tore through the fabric of space. If that attack had hit me, I shuddered to think of the consequences. Ava then lunged at me, slashing through space, but I managed to evade her strike.

"You're better than I thought," Ava remarked, a sinister smile on her face.

"Ciel, unlock my power," I commanded.

"Yes, master," Ciel complied, unleashing a tremendous surge of energy within me.

"So, you haven't had a worthy opponent until now," Ava taunted.

And so, we engaged in a battle reminiscent of two rivals fighting over the wrong woman. Ava attacked, and I dodged, retaliating with swift and precise moves. As the fight continued, I began to feel my limits, and then it happened—I was struck by the very beam I had dodged earlier. The impact was devastating, leaving me severely injured and causing me to collapse.

Members from different departments rushed to my side, including my parents.

"What's wrong?" Hilina, my mother, asked with concern.

"Why are you seriously injured?" Gaigashi, my father, inquired.

I explained the situation, and everyone present became filled with anger towards Ava.

"So, you're the one who caused all this to our daughter," Gaigashi and Hilina exclaimed in unison.

Enraged, my parents, along with others, launched themselves at Ava. A fierce battle ensued, but Ava's strength proved overwhelming, overpowering everyone present.

---End---