Prologue

Here begins the much anticipated sequel to I'm NOT a Female!

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~

The ice-cold wind blew through Yule's thick white and grey pelt as he stalked the forest, stopping when he hoped to catch the scent of prey. Close, he could hear the snow crunching under the paws of the large grizzly who followed behind him. Dakota's sense of smell was much stronger than Yule's, so he'd likely be the one to alert him of prey.

Yule was happy with his and Dakota's budding relationship. He was finally free from his family's attempts at match making. Living on Ekon's land as guardians and potential mates for August allowed them to be together without interruption. It was the perfect front for not attempting to woo a female beastkin.

He and Dakota enjoyed August's company and cared for him much like they would a younger sibling. However, they worried that while they remained unmated Ekon may eventually tire of having them on his land. Any male would eventually become territorial towards unmated males.

For as long as Yule and Dakota remained unmated, it would be difficult for them to acquire land of their own. The only way for them to obtain territory while remaining "single" in the eye of the beastkin community was if they inherited land from family members. If Ekon were to chase them off, they would have few living accommodations available that would allow them to continue their relationship.

Though, with the amount of hunting and gathering that they did for Ekon and the very pregnant August, he doubted that they'd be chased off quite yet.

Grunting, Dakota indicated to Yule that he'd smelled something.

Together they separated to stalk in the direction the grizzly beastman indicated.

Soon, Yule picked up the scent of elak. The elak were a breed of large herbivores that grossly resembled elk beastmen with the exception of being slightly smaller and with more rounded antlers.

No longer relying on his partner's senses, he allowed his instinct to take over.

He felt free blending in with his surroundings as he approached his prey. The elak, unaware that it was being stalked, snuffed around in the snow at the base of a tree. It dug with its hooves at the frozen earth it uncovered, searching for food.

A dark shifting mass in his periphery let Yule know that Dakota was in place and ready.

Yule sprung out after the elak. With a shriek, it took off at a gallop towards Dakota.

As choreographed, Dakota lunged at their prey when it was within range. The wild animal veered, only being grazed along the flank by the grizzly's large claws.

Weakened by Dakota's blow, the elak ran with an uneven gaint.

Yule followed after the creature like an arrow, over taking Dakota in his pursuit. Relishing the pounding of his large padded paws against the snowy ground, he weaved between the trees.

The elak was quickly slowing, likely having lacked sustenance on top of being injured.

With one final push of his hind legs, Yule was up on the creature's back, toppling it over into the snow. He tore his claws into its neck as Dakota caught up and went for the jugular.

Panting over their kill, the males regarded each other with affection.

Yule looked forward to returning with their catch to Ekon's hut. The sooner they returned and ate, the sooner he'd have Dakota for himself. Alone in their own little hut.

An unusual scent drew Yule's attention as the wind shifted direction. He looked back at Dakota who was carrying the elak's carcass to see if the male had also noticed it.

With an incline of the large grizzly's head, Yule took off into the wind, towards the scent that almost reminded him of August. It was a thought that made little sense as August was safely tucked away in Ekon's den.

Yule immediately noticed the two-legged form of a beastkin laying still and prone as he stumbled to a halt in a small clearing. Cautiously, Yule approached the individual while surveying his surroundings.

No imprints let to nor from the body and only a light dusting of snow blanketed them. Below the snow, he could see that the individual was scarcely clad. His flushed chest bare and brightly colored bottoms covering his crotch. They had not been there for long.

Frowning, Yule cautiously approached the body, scenting the air. The only smell that emanated from the strange person was one similar to August's. He didn't like that there were no tracks leading to where the individual laid. It was as if they had been dropped from above. However, the snow was not compressed enough for that to be the case.

Noticing a slight rise to their chest and hearing the chattering of teeth, Yule shifted and rushed forward to quickly gather the stranger into his arms.

Although slight compared to himself, the individual was similarly sized to August.

Wrapping the frigged stranger in his embrace as he attempted to warm them, Yule turned in the direction from which he heard Dakota approaching while dragging their kill.

"Dakota!" He called just as the male in question cleared the trees into the clearing, "quickly, skin the elak so I may shield him from the cold with its hide. We'll need to rush him to Ekon's."

While Dakota skillfully devested the elak of its thickly coated hide, Yule turned his attention towards dusting as much snow and moisture from the form in his arms. He had to clear the snow from their body before it melted and froze.

As he brushed the snow from the individual's chest, his fingers caught on cold nubs framing small nipples on each side. Yule found the metallic balls at their nipples to be strange accessories. They seemed impractical but he had to admit that they did hold a certain alure. He was interrupted by Dakota thrusting a bloody hide in his face before he was able to begin imagining how it would be to play with such an accessory while with a pleasure partner.

With the stranger securely wrapped in the elak skin and held against Yule's chest, they began to shiver vigorously.

The males rushed back to Ekon's hut. Yule ridingon Dakota's back while he hugged the bloody bundle to his chest. Unwilling theabandon their meal, Dakota carried the remains of the elak in his jaws.

~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

Posted June 28, 2023