DREAD / / / FIRST: LURKING IN THE SHADOWS

(A/N: Before we begin, I'd like to celebrate the fact that we are at 3k reads! Honestly getting mind blowing how fast the reads on this are shooting up lmao.
Also i was greeted by this when i was writing this chapter.

How the hell did we get here? Anyways! Onto the chapter.)

"We've got to curb her trips to that dump." A posh sounding male voice could be heard, N snapped back to his senses, looking in front of him a shadowy figure stood with a wine glass in his hand, with more shadowy figures looming behind him. "And where is she getting the hair and all that to play dress up with them? Creepy." The shadowy male spoke once more before flipping his wine glass towards the machine. N catches the glass perfectly despite the tray already being stacked high with other wine glasses. Bowing, he turned around and quickly run off down the hallway.

A thundering storm raged on outside of the ornate mansion, lightning struck down and thunder was heard. N stopped for the moment to peer out of the window, looking out into the foggy, gloomy almost swamp-like environment.  Starting to walk down the hallway again, turning a corner he bumped into another drone. The glasses on his platter quickly toppled to the carpeted floors after that little incident.

"I am SO sorry for that." N apologized.

"N-no that was completely my faul-" The female drone was cut off as she went to grab one of the fallen dishes, when her hand had come close to N a spark emitted from their fingers. Looking to each other, a blush formed on their digital faces. "She's kinda cute...." N thought to himself, he was about to speak when suddenly he was kicked to the ground by a familiar pigtailed drone. 

"Move it moro-"  J was cut off when the shadowy figure of a human child suddenly showed herself, "Heeeyyyy Tessa!........ Oh no.... another one?" She said, another small drone peeked it's head from behind Tessa. It smiled and stared directly into N's eyes, he felt unease as the drone stared straight into his digital soul.  

Then suddenly it all went dark.

N felt quite perturbed from the strange dream he had just awoken from. That strange little drone who had stared directly at him couldn't leave his mind, just it's presence felt......off. Retracting his wings, he seemed to forget that he was clung onto the ceiling of the corpse spire. 

He only realized this after his face met the snowy floor of said spire.

He yelled out as he dropped and a loud thud was heard as his form faceplanted straight onto the cold, hard floor. Sitting up, he rubbed his head trying to shake off the pain from dropping from god knows how high. 

"N, I found something in here!" The familiar voice of Uzi was heard though slightly muffled from being inside their drop pod. He had almost forgotten about the worker, "These past couple of days have really been something." He thought to himself, and yeah things definitely took a weird turn. From the arrival of V1, befriending (?) Uzi and pretty much betraying the company. It was pretty safe to say that this wasn't your usual week of regularly scheduled worker drone slaughter.