ino birthday special ! 🎁

AUTHORS NOTE ;

Not entirely proud of this if I'm being honest but oh well , i hope this was still decent enough !

Also this is dedicated to Inosuke even though he's not real , happy birthday Inosuke !

~

Inosuke sighed as he was doing his daily training. Today was a special day; it was a day, of which we should be celebrating! But alas, Inosuke isn't very fond of this idea.

It was his birthday, which in itself should be a good reason to take a day off and enjoy some cake or relax. However, Inosuke never liked his birthday.

He never had a good birthday; in fact, most of his birthdays consisted of him doing his normal routine of sharpening his skills. He never got to blow out the candles with family and friends, or get presents galore; he just trained, worked out and went to sleep waiting for the next miserable day to do his routine all over again.

Well, today was different. While training, Inosuke ended up accidentally spilling the beans about his birthday, which obviously his best friends Tanjiro and Zenitsu would want to celebrate.

"Come on Inosuke! If you could have a dream day for yourself, what would you want?" Zenitsu asked

"Hmm.. I want you both fight me!"

"No, no! How about a day where you can't fight!"

".. then what's the point of being awake for that day?"

Zenitsu sighed, walking back to Tanjiro while shaking his head.

"Nope, same answer."

Tanjiro nodded, eyes filled with determination. "Alright! I guess we're just gonna have to improvise!"

"Improvise? Maybe we shouldn't give him a party! I mean, not everyone likes them!"

"Nope! We're going to give him a birthday party, and not just a regular shmegular party but a party he won't forget!" Tanjiro smiled, facing his blonde friend with a thumbs up. "Got it?"

Zenitsu sighed, giving him a reluctant thumbs up back while forcing a smile. He knows Tanjiro all too well; he wasn't going to rest until Inosuke had the birthday of a lifetime.

~

Zenitsu was out of the house along with Inosuke. He offered to spar with him as practice since it was his birthday and needed a good distraction to keep him out of the house and busy enough for him to stay out of the house long enough for Tanjiro and the others to get ready for this amazing party they were planning.

Tanjiro wasn't playing either; he made sure everything for this party was done right and to perfection. He smiled at his team's job, well done, giving them all high fives and "good jobs" for decorating the scene the best they could. He made sure it wasn't too out there, kept it as minimalistic as possible, while also adding things most people would want; streamers, balloons, etc.

He smiled as he heard Zenitsu and Inosukes voices coming closer and closer, shooing everyone to their hiding spot.

"I totally beat you! If i didn't show mercy you would've been crying like a little baby!" Inosuke roared proudly, opening the door with confusion written all over his face.

"Huh? Where is everyone? Did they leave without telling us?" Zenitsu questions, seeming genuinely confused despite the fact that he was well aware of the surprise party plan.

Inosuke moved his hand against the wall, finally feeling the light switch and flicking it on just as quickly as he found it. He was surprised as Tanjiro let out some confetti, along with others all spread out around the room, cheering and celebrating.

"Happy birthday Ino!" Tanjiro chuckled, running over and jumping on him into a warm hug.

Zenitsu suddenly seemed to remember what was going on, chuckling and ruffling Inosukes hair despite the other formerly beating him in sparing treatment and his face being a bruised mess.'

Insouke couldn't believe it. He knew his friends cared about him, but wasn't expecting a party or anything of the sort after he mentioned his birthday. As they all celebrated his birthday, singing at the cake, passing out cakes, saying "happy birthday" almost every minute Inosuke couldn't even focus on the amazing decor that Tanjiro put up, all he could think about was the friends and mentors he grew so close with coming together to celebrate something he used to dislike so heavily; making the day a little brighter.

~