Part 3

After I finished my pizza I said goodbye to the girls and decided to go home. I needed to clear my head. Throughout the meal I could see they were holding something back. A secret. Something they didn't want me to know.

I stepped out of the restaurant, the cool summer evening air hit my face. Instantly making my red cheeks return to their normal colour. 

Whilst walking was the only time I had to myself. I'd always be with someone. At home was like a mad house. There would always be someone there when you needed a bit of quiet time. In my house, quiet time didn't exist.

I wouldn't say my family was normal, I was just pretty lucky to have a home and people who cared about me. As a family we were close. Not close enough to know where we were every second of the day but close to know when something was wrong. 

I arrived home.

I dipped my hand into my bag in an attempt to find my keys. I felt the cold metal with the tips of my fingers. I pulled the keys out and lined them up with the lock. I pushed them in and turned it, I heard the click of the lock turning. I swung the door open to find the house that I had left this morning. My mum in the kitched, dad in the living room and my brother and sister upstairs arguing. Nothing out of the ordinary. There was always some sort of disagreement in the house, didn't matter who or what is was about it was always expected.

Before I could be stopped by anyone I walked straight to my room. Past my mum and dad doing the usual activities, past the anger of my siblings. Straight to my room. 

I changed out of my work uniform into a pair of comfy joggers and my Coca Cola t-shirt. I wasn't one of those girls who cares about their appearance every second of the day. 

Once I had changed I sunk into my bed. Enjoying the security of my room. I always felt safe there. It was a way to escape everthing and everyone. Even if deep down they were all I could think about.