Part 5

The light poured through the small gap in the curtain. My laptop was on my desk. I must have fallen asleep without realising. That was an often occurance. 

I slowly got up and made my way downstairs. I could hear talking but wasn't sure who it was until I walked through the kitchen door. 

I saw Kevin reaching for a paracetomol and Stacey eating her coco pops at the table. 

"Bit early for you isn't it?" I asked Kevin, knowing full well what the response would be.

"Why do you care?" he spat.

"Who said I did?" I replied.

With a moan he was off to bed, the same as any other weekend.

I then turned to my little sister who was sat at the table swinging her legs in her own little world. 

"Ok, so I thought we could go shopping for a bit and then off to the park. How does that sound?" I suggested to Stacey. 

"Brilliant! But I don't want to go to the Disney store today?" She sweetly stated.

"And why would that be?" I asked her back.

"Because I don't want any toys today." She replied innocently.

"Well, in that case, how about we skip shopping and just go to the park and get an ice cream?"

Her face lit up. "YES!" She replied excitedly, with a big smile on her face. 

I made myself breakfast, then we both got ready and set off on our day out. 

I parked the car in the car park. The weather was nice which was a change for England. We both jumped out of the car and set off for the swings. There were lots of kids running around the park. It was busy but the atmosphere was the best that you could get. 

The first hour flew quickly, people had left and arrived but we were still at the swings. As the day went on older people started to arrive at the park. That's when I saw Kevin walk in with all of his friends.

Yeah, you look like you have lots of plans. I thought to myself. But before I knew it Stacey was off and running after Kevin. I knew he wouldn't like it but I couldn't stop her. She was faster that me.

"KEEEEEEVIIIIIIN" I heard her scream and that was when I saw his glare, the annoyed glare he gave everyone when he didn't like what was going on.

I slowly made my way over to the big group. I walked slowly to make it last longer, to annoy him more. He wouldn't say anything in front of his friends. I wanted to enjoy the moment for as long as possible.

"Hey Kev."

"What is going on Morgan?!"

"Yeah, it's lovely to see you too."

He walked over with an angry look upon his face. Stacey was stood talking to his friends, they tried talking the best they could but they had no idea what to say.

"Well, what is going on?" He repeated

"I was just bringing our sister to the park because I had no plans unlike some people here."

"We had an agreement."

"Yeah, I know. It's not my fault she wants to see her brother that doesn't want to spend any time with her!"

His face melted. I could see that I had got through to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise that is how it looks." He almost whispered. 

"It's fine Kev." I gave him a comforting smile.

He turned around and opened his arms up to Stacey. His friends laughed but that didn't faze him. 

That is when I saw him. Again.