Chapter 6: After The Fight

After the fight with Bagheera I took a lot of damage, my face was scratched and covered in blood and so were my clothes after I gave him that fatal blow. "Nick, are you ok" Sam asked over the communication device "Yes...no...I'm not sure" I said "my face is scratched and covered in blood, my shirt is scratched, and my outfit is covered in blood" i said to Sam "Oof" he said "well at least you took him down, you did great" he said happily "Thanks" I said. As I was still on the trail to find the super serum, I spotted a lake nearby. "Yes, a lake" I said happily "I can wash the blood off the outfit" As I was walking towards the lake I took the bat off my back and the gloves off my hands and jumped in the water. "Wait Nick, the d-d-d-device I-I-isn't w-waterproof" he said as the device started glitching "Oh shit, why didn't you say that before I got in?!" I angrily asked "I-I-I-I d-d-didn't know y-y-you were getting in" he said glitching more "Is there anything I can do to fix the device"y-y-you n-need to tur-tur-turn it off c-completely then l-leave it o-o-out to dry for 24 hours" he explained "that's the whole day" I said "what if I get lost, or the other protectors of the jungle find me, or or" "Nick c-calm d-down and l-listen t-to me, i k-know you're s-scared b-but you can d-do this" Sam said. The device powers off by itself as I took it out my ear, "Ok he said to turn it off completely and dry for 24 hours" I got out the water after the blood washed off my clothes then looked around for something to dry off the device, I grabbed a big dry leaf and wrapped it around the device "ok, this should do" I said. The sun was going down and I needed to set up a place to stay for the night and I needed food, so I set up a text and a sleeping bag inside the tent with a campfire outside the tent and set up a log chair beside the fire. I sit down next to the campfire to warm myself up before heading to sleep *Sighs* "Oh my god, today was just insane I got covered in blood, and I lost the communication device. Ugh I need to stop being scared I can do this" I said. I blew out the fire and slipped into the tent and went to sleep.